Squad Leader Commands - Dumb Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Leader Commands - Dumb Question

OK, this is kind of embarrasing, but I can't figure out how to issue attack and defend commands as a squad leader.

Whenver I bring up my SL command options and click issue orders, all I seem to be able to do is tell my squad to "move here". I keep thinking that I should get a list of options when I click on "issue orders" that would include move here, defend, and attack - but I guess it doesn't work that way.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: Squad Leader Commands - Dumb Question

attack/defend only works on flags.

use 3D map flag icon and issue order on it or hit the squad/map screen key and issue from there.

Comment

there is a quicker way. it's a little awkward typing it, i'm just used to doing it in game. so ummm....here goes:

look directly at one of the flag "icons" on your screen. i'm referring the flag "icons" that are small and high in the sky. you can see which are friendly, neutral and controlled by the enemy. if you don't see them, press the "alt" button. when you look directly at the flag "icon", it will become highlighted. then you press the command button ("T" i believe), and click your mouse. this way you never have to look at the map mode. you do it during your action w/ full field view.

Comment

that's what i said when i meant issue the order directly onto the 3D map flag icon, lol.

Comment

Here is a picture of the small flag in 3D (In the middle of the trees)

Comment

Thanks guys. That was helpful.

I was always wondering why when I was a squad member I was getting all of these defend here and attack here orders, but could never issue them myself when I was a squad leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
              that's what i said when i meant issue the order directly onto the 3D map flag icon, lol.
              ah, my bad minmaster. i thought you meant the mini map. either way, sounds like rafterman's got it. good job on the ss, quem. btw, how ya been? long time, no see.

Comment

Working...
              X