Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tons of lag and losing connection!!!

Hi guys,

Lately (ever since the last patch a few days ago) I've been having allot of problems playing the game online (PC) and have lost the connection to the server and lost host migration not to mention that it is now taking forever to find a good host when playing domination..... I've opened all the ports, enabled UPNP on my router and updated all drivers, defragged etc....

Can someone PLEASE HELP?!?!

Win 7 Ultimate 64
    8 GB RAM
    ATHLON 64 6000 dual core
    8800 GTS

10 MB connection...

P.S. I never had these problems before the patch

Re: Tons of lag and losing connection!!!

The only ones that can help you is IW. They have managed to actually make the netcode worse then it already was, I spend more time in the lobby then in game since the last patch. Until the wonderful coders at IW can release a patch that doesn't create more problems, we can't do anything.

Comment

Yeah, afraid the new patch screwed it all up. I have the same issues as well and I know I didn't change anything.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

****ING RETARDS!!!! This game is becoming more and more like the DICE nightmare that is B2

Comment

This is an issue i take IW are aware off, all we can do it wait for a patch.
          Though Aussies don't seem to be affected.

Comment

402 says it's not IW's fault. It's actually a problem with Steam that has been corrected in the Steam Beta client.

Originally posted by FourZeroTwo
            Hey Everyone -

We are aware of several users reporting crashing when attempting to connect to certain hosts in multiplayer after the latest update to Modern Warfare 2 on PC.

It appears this was an issue with the latest Steam Client and not the PC patch we just released. Steam has identified the issue and updated it. We attempted to repro the problem since their update and it appears to be addressed. However that change is only available in the Beta version of their Steam client (which is available to all users if they choose in their Steam settings). We have no ETA on when they'll be rolling it out to their standard Steam client but will keep you posted if I hear anything further.

Any user currently on the beta version of the Steam Client should have the problem resolved -- likewise, when it's pushed to the standard client -- it will be resolved for all users.

We appreciate all the feedback on the issue. Thanks!
            I can now confirm that switching to the Steam Beta client stops the host crashes. It hasn't been fixed on the regular client, though, so you might still time out from hosts who haven't yet switched to the Beta.

Comment

So where do we get this "steam beta" ?

Comment

File > Settings > Account tab > Beta participation

Comment

The beta just "expired." This fix was incorporated into the regular Steam client, so the crashing should have stopped.

Comment

It "seems" to have stopped. Not getting my hopes up until the stability becomes consistent. We'll see.

Comment

Same issues as before for me. Still can only play 1 round before the session crashes. Preordered BF:BC2 today so just have to wait for it to be released so I can step away from MW2.

Comment

Originally posted by [RET]Pierre-GC-
                        Same issues as before for me. Still can only play 1 round before the session crashes. Preordered BF:BC2 today so just have to wait for it to be released so I can step away from MW2.
                        Yeah, it started sucking all over again. I haven't been crashing, but I'm getting a bunch of other connection errors.

Comment

occasionly I get errors saying "trying to merge with other lobby" while the server is full. and I can only seem to play mostly on a maximum of 3 rounds before it disconnects. there have been times where its been good though.

Comment

I have been getting these errors lately.
                            Mostly taking a while to find a game but others such as constantly Dcing.

Comment

Working...
                            X