Windows 7 High Ping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 High Ping

Hey everyone. Wanted to get back into BF2 and now have windows 7. I am being kicked from every online session I join because of "high average ping". My ping hovers between 200-250. I have a very high speed internet connection and dont have ping issues with other games. Anyone know of any known windows 7 ping related issues and fixes? Thanks!

Re: Windows 7 High Ping

I don't know about Windows 7 in particular but you can definitey go ahead and troubleshoot the usual stuff, including updating punkbuster, making sure you close background programs that connect to the internet, use a cable instead of wireless, connect to servers in your country instead of across the globe etc.

Comment

I dont think it is hardware or ethernet layer related I think it is some software config issue with either the game or win 7. My computer has overkill hardware to run the game, is hard-wired to my router, my internet connection gets 25mbps down and 3mbps up on speedtest.net, and other games which are more packet demanding get great latencies. Also with this same hardware/internet but running windows XP the game performed wonderfully. I'm stumped haha.

Comment

I would say check elsewhere. The only changes my PC has undergone in the last several months is OS (Vista x64 SP2, Win7 x64 Beta, Win7 x64 RC1, Win7 x64 HP) and my ping is consistently in the same 10-20 range with the 21CW Main Battle Server.

Is your router starting to get old and tired? Has something changed in your Internet service? Are you running more always on software (like xfire, Steam, etc.)?

Comment

you should definitely update punkbuster tho.

Comment

Working...
          X