X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining aviator/helicopter badges

I finally made Colonel:

http://bf2s.com/player/45592110/

and I'm starting to think about what I need to do to make Brigadier General. I'm missing the Veteran Helicopter Badge, Veteran Aviator Badge and the Veteran Ground Defense Badges. I'm mostly worried about the aviator and helicopter badges. Getting time in a plane is very difficult because of the plane whores.

I have a friend who is up around 300,000 points but has not progressed past Colonel. I don't want to get stuck in the same situation.

Can you give me any advice about the best way to obtain these badges? What did you do that helped you get these badges. I'll never be as good as most of the guys that fly on the servers I hang out on. (Especially since my joystick is wonky since patch 1.5).

Re: Obtaining aviator/helicopter badges

Well personally I'm good infantry helicopter and jet, so I had no problem getting any badges. My advice to you is to try and hop in choppers as a gunner, learn how to use the TV missile so the pilot doesn't feel like you're handicapping him. For jets get on kubra or oilfields and get into the second seat, as much as you can. It's really easy to kill with a decent pilot. As for ground defense you only need 10 kills it's not really that hard to get if you commit a round to it.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
      For jets get on kubra or oilfields and get into the second seat, as much as you can. It's really easy to kill with a decent pilot. As for ground defense you only need 10 kills it's not really that hard to get if you commit a round to it.
      This. If you have a pilot who knows how to line up for those guided missile shots, you'll score big kills.

Also, for the Ground Defense Badge, I'd suggest playing Highway Tampa.

Tons of targets and clear shots.

Comment

Get in there and get the hours. The skill and kills will come with the hours. I was in the same boat. I had 250,000 points and still a Colonel. Finally, in one round, I went from Colonel to 3 Stars. (I still have people saying hi that remember that) The heli's were easy for me, it was the jets that held me up. At this point, work on whatever your weakest and PUT IN THE HOURS. You'll get there.

Comment

badges? we don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            badges? we don't need no stinkin' badges!
            I hear that all the time, where the hell did it come from? (Mexican accent I think)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BlindMan
                I hear that all the time, where the hell did it come from? (Mexican accent I think)
                Actually I remember that quote from Blazing Saddles.

Back on topic: There are easier ways to get the badge you are seeking but just TIME consuming if you get my drift.

Comment

Ekshullent! Thanx Minmaster

Comment

Okay, I'm making great progress. After only three evenings in the second seat of the bomber, I got my Aerial Service Ribbon. But shouldn't there be a check mark next to the "IAR: 12 Kills in an Airplane" on the Aviator Badge? I needed 19 kills to get the aerial service badge. 19 is more than 12?

Next questions:
                    1. Are kills while in the 2nd seat on a bomber sufficient ,or do I need to be the pilot?

2. Which maps have a 2-seat airplane on BOTH sides? (I have Kubra and Daqing Oil so far). Which maps have a bomber on only one side (I have Gulf of Oman so far)?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckbeak
                      Okay, I'm making great progress. After only three evenings in the second seat of the bomber, I got my Aerial Service Ribbon. But shouldn't there be a check mark next to the "IAR: 12 Kills in an Airplane" on the Aviator Badge? I needed 19 kills to get the aerial service badge. 19 is more than 12?

Next questions:
                      1. Are kills while in the 2nd seat on a bomber sufficient ,or do I need to be the pilot?

2. Which maps have a 2-seat airplane on BOTH sides? (I have Kubra and Daqing Oil so far). Which maps have a bomber on only one side (I have Gulf of Oman so far)?

The 12 kills is needed after you have acquired the time in the airplane.

Comment

Next questions:
                        Yes, kills made in the 2nd seat on the bomber type aircraft will count under the "Aviator" section of your stats.

The following maps have bombers for both factions:

Daqing Oilfields
                        Kubra Dam
                        Operation Clean Sweep
                        Taraba Quarry

Gulf of Oman is the only map which is configured with a single-sided bomber (MEC)

Comment

For ground defense badge sit in a tow/mounted mg as commander and each arty kill will count towards your badge. Same for air defense badge if you are in a stinger.

edit: You can get all veteran and expert combat badges for each kit when in a jet. Want that hard to get expert engineer combat kit, then sit in the SU-34, get 40 kills and you get the badge.

Comment

Working...
                          X