PC users we've got your back - GvD [VIDEO]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC users we've got your back - GvD [VIDEO]

Just a small video i made mainly for fun but also to highlight the missing and needed features that were standard in near 5 year old battlefield games such as BF2.

Watch on youtube in HD YouTube - BFBC2 - PC users we've got your back - GvD

or

Download high quality version here BFBC2_-_weve_got_your_back.mp4 (20MB)

Re: PC users we've got your back - GvD [VIDEO]

No public dedicated server files is really lame after they made a big deal about having dedicated servers after MW2. I don't mind not having prone, it's a gameplay change and not a PC thing, but battlerecorder and public server files are stuff that should be included with the PC version.

Comment

I dont know. The video is good, btw, but I personally think its kinda harsh.

They mentioned a number of items in the beginning that they were not going to be included. It would be different if this was middle of February and they came out and said all this stuff was not going to be in there.

Now if this stuff was not in BF3, then that would be a problem, but I dont see it an issue in BC2 just because of what the game is and what BC1 was.

Again, just my opinion.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        Now if this stuff was not in BF3, then that would be a problem, but I don't see it an issue in BC2 just because of what the game is and what BC1 was.
        I agree. Some people think this game is sequel to BF2 but is another branch off the battlefield tree. I see BF3 as BF2 with better engine, better game modes/weapons/vehicles - something that will make us all happy.

Comment

@CptainCrunch

thanks, its not intended to be harsh but just as a little bit of fun hence the comment at the end of the vid.

i understand the point that BFBC2 is not supposed to be the next great battlefield game but its still not good to be playing a battlefield game by DICE that is less than its older games in some places, the thing is if no one makes a fuss over these things being missing now then DICE/EA might think "oh hey no one cared about all the missing usual PC things in BFBC2....lets not bother with them in BF3 either". I really dont want that to happen and would like BFBC2 to be the best game possible until we get BF3

Comment

EA is out to hype everyone up only to let the true Battlefield fans be disappointed. Most (big) developers don't care about the true fans, they're out to make a quick buck as fast and without much expense to them as they can. That's what I think.

Comment

Ok now to all the "omg no dev console" people I must say, repii came out and said the reason there is no dev console because like bc1 and it being made for console, there just is no dev console, it does not exist at all. So not even the devs have it.

Comment

@Freakboy

yup i understand that but we could do with having it implemented for the PC version since DICE say we are not just getting a console port. Server browser wasn't in BC1 or BC2 and console wont have that either but PC is getting it as its a feature we need.

Comment

Been 5 year for PC battlefield fans so if BC isnt it !what is?

Cheaper to make a console port game for PC and not lift a finger isnt it:nod:

Before people cough and say BF3 ,that will make it a 6-7 year gap ?not good enough EA.you have let a generation down

how about making a PC game and porting it down like they used to?Since battlefield was a PC title origanally

I dont see us(PC) getting Grand turismo anytime soon.Build the hate between gaming communites EA?

Sorry everyone just had to say this:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Freakboy
                    Ok now to all the "omg no dev console" people I must say, repii came out and said the reason there is no dev console because like bc1 and it being made for console, there just is no dev console, it does not exist at all. So not even the devs have it.
                    Correct. Frostbite has no Dev Console, all development is done with stand alone tools. One of the reasons why there are no mod/map tools.

Comment

I'm still getting this game at least it has dedicated servers unlike the other game.

Comment

Originally posted by Leki
                        @CptainCrunch

thanks, its not intended to be harsh but just as a little bit of fun hence the comment at the end of the vid.

i understand the point that BFBC2 is not supposed to be the next great battlefield game but its still not good to be playing a battlefield game by DICE that is less than its older games in some places, the thing is if no one makes a fuss over these things being missing now then DICE/EA might think "oh hey no one cared about all the missing usual PC things in BFBC2....lets not bother with them in BF3 either". I really dont want that to happen and would like BFBC2 to be the best game possible until we get BF3

Thats a good point as well. Being one of the news posters on here I read through the forums and tweets and a lot of people keep bringing this stuff up. If I was a DICE person looking through these things I think I would know that a good part of the community wants this stuff. If it is not seen in BF3, then, again to me, an alterior motive is being worked.

We all also have to remember that EA is hurting big time in the sales department. Throughout 2009 they tried some different things and it didn't work out. They closed down many developers and we all know how DICE is strapped on people as they have three different projects in the fire, but have to let them sit as they work on BC2.

Because of that, I think BC2 HAS to be a blockbuster. A lot more than what we think are riding on this title. I know that may sound crazy or whatever, but if you look at the big EA as a whole picture, there are some problems. Whats worse is Activision going their route and PROVING (like it or not) that it is a huge money making success is not going to help the cause.

Again, all the above is just my opinion and the conclusion I have come to is based on my love of gaming and the industry news all over the place. I could be entirely wrong.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I like the fact you say exactly how you feel Crunch!good or bad:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                            Thats a good point as well. Being one of the news posters on here I read through the forums and tweets and a lot of people keep bringing this stuff up. If I was a DICE person looking through these things I think I would know that a good part of the community wants this stuff. If it is not seen in BF3, then, again to me, an alterior motive is being worked.

We all also have to remember that EA is hurting big time in the sales department. Throughout 2009 they tried some different things and it didn't work out. They closed down many developers and we all know how DICE is strapped on people as they have three different projects in the fire, but have to let them sit as they work on BC2.

Because of that, I think BC2 HAS to be a blockbuster. A lot more than what we think are riding on this title. I know that may sound crazy or whatever, but if you look at the big EA as a whole picture, there are some problems. Whats worse is Activision going their route and PROVING (like it or not) that it is a huge money making success is not going to help the cause.

Again, all the above is just my opinion and the conclusion I have come to is based on my love of gaming and the industry news all over the place. I could be entirely wrong.

Crunch
                            This does seem to be the case about the whole blockbuster thing. I think the reason DICE have been making console games is because of the success of COD on consoles and I think EA feel that they can make more money selling games on PS3 and Xbox combined than just on PC alone.

If you look at BC1 it wasn't a great success for DICE. A lot of the marketing focused on the single player aspect of the game. The trailers involved the characters in the single player and didn't really mention the multiplayer at all. This time around tho its the complete opposite. Its all about the multiplayer (COD's strongest point) and nothing has been mentioned about the single player at all.

Its a worry as EA seem to be making and publishing better games now than they have ever done. Unfortunately for them this doesn't automatically mean they will make as much money. If they go back to how they used to be then this could be bad for gaming on a whole as games will become more generic and we'll see a lot more sequels rather than trying new ideas such as mirrors edge.

Worse case scenario is BC2 isn't as big a success as EA want it to be and decide to sell off or shut down DICE and decide to concentrate on their Medal of Honour series. There does however, seem to be a lot more positive comments from the community about BC2 than there was about BC1. Maybe the reason they've included it on PC this time is to try and make even more money. Although with all the delays from the PC version and on 1943 for PC this could be its downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by Leki
                              Just a small video i made mainly for fun but also to highlight the missing and needed features that were standard in near 5 year old battlefield games such as BF2.

Watch on youtube in HD YouTube - BFBC2 - PC users we've got your back - GvD

or

Download high quality version here BFBC2_-_weve_got_your_back.mp4 (20MB)
                              Nice video. Maydax reposted it @ Pbbans. I was absolutly unaware about the Battle Recorder hitting the **** can untill yesterday. Now I am pissed.

Went to the EA site to have a look for myself. Found a few intresting threads on the subject of BadCo2. I'll guess the majority of people posting here at TGN are generic pubbers. Who I'd like to hear from are those of us renting/running successful servers. I think that small percentage of people w/ a real dog in this fight, are getting overlooked. The following is a copy/pasted from this thread

Explore our Video Game Forums. Electronic Arts is a leading publisher of games on Console, PC and Mobile.

Re: No Battle Recorder?

I was directed to this thread from someone, and had to see this for myself. I/we @ 308o/s passed on MW2 for all the reasons gone over ad nauseum.

I also understand the position of those complaining of the various 'missing' elements of BadCo2 PC. For the most part I was willing to overlook such things. Now I am second thinking this all together. Sorry this is a bit wordy, but its an important angle to this discussion:

The following is for those of us that rent/admin any BF series server(s).

First the decision is made to limit the anti cheat to PB alone. Not allowing access to the files a group like PBbans needs, to support this game? Not good in my view, but perhaps in time that support will be available. Even with that, GGC has said they will support BC2. They (GGC) are the only anti cheat site that will accept BATTLE RECORDINGS as cheat evidence on 2142. Now I read in this thread there will be no battle recorder available in this release?

Those that have stated, "Just use fraps" do not run servers, nor understand how those glitching or breaking posted server rules are caught. No battle recording to review = no discipline. Which in turn, removes any motivation to rent slot servers. If you cant catch those glitching/padding or breaking posted rules, what is the point shelling out $1.50-$2.00 per slot a month? Anybody???

The current server operators looking forward to this release should be livid. Limited anti-cheat service solutions? No battle recordings to review to catch people glitching after the fact? No love for those that shell out $100's a month for slot servers? We keep your games reliant for longer than they deserve. We keep your games in the public eye for years on end. EA/DICE takes away the one "working" tool we have to run a fair server? Naaaa, No thanks.

The one good thing in play for us. The pre-orders are not charged till date shipped. Plenty of time to cancel if need be. Sorry to be negative, but this is wrong.

Butt

PS. One thing I'll add as it relates to this TGN based thread, MYis had better pay attention. Dont expect us to pay premium prices, for a platform that does not have the tool (Battle Recorder) slot renters need to maintain a fair/fun place to game. EA can build a great looking game. That said, If I/we cant admin our server properly, good luck keeping them rented for any length of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X