What I don't like so far..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I don't like so far..

So far I have REALLY liked this game, nearly as much as I liked CoD4 tbh. Despite its seemingly overpowered kill streaks and weaponry it actually balances out quite well mainly due to the smaller group sizes. Instead of having 32 people crammed onto a little map u got 12 and the maps also seem slightly larger?? could be wrong though.

I have played up to lvl 22 prestige now and used most weapons, and I think there are a few flaws in this game..

- The biggest one for me is the knifing.. wtf were they smoking when they decided to conjure up commando?? I remember in cod4 the knife lunging was ridiculous, but they seemed to have gone 7 steps further and increased this already overpowered lunge bs with a perk that allows you to knife an enemy from even FURTHER away. sometimes it's as if I'm getting knifed from 20+ feet away, this combined with some of the low pingers makes it VERY damn frustrating. Not to mention the supply glitch which gives their legs nitrous. Mw3 I think they should maybe implement red dots for knifing. I honestly think the game would be 50% better if they totally eliminated ALL knife lunge and made it so u HAVE to be within blade distance and direction to get a knife, not only would it stop this 20 foot spin around auto knifing bs but it would also make knifing stand for something, it would actually feel good to knife someone rather than just a way to conserve ammo.

- Thermal scopes on sniper rifles... Lame.

- Akimbo, we don't need it..

- Grenade launcher, this attachment should take up a perk or secondary weapon.

- Scrambler?? lmao wtf is this meant to do other than warn everyone that you're within 30 yards of them? I couldn't count the amount of times scrambler has warned me of nearby enemies and won me the kill. Seriously, keep using this perk. I love it xD

- Weather, it seems each map still comes with its own pre-set weather. I was REALLY hoping for a variable weather system, would mix things up a bit and make it feel a little less repetitive but meh.

- The intermission times?? we don't need a break gtf on with it. Now I just exit lobby and search another one, but this sucks if u just had a great round with decent players.

- Obviously the non dedicated servers are a b*tch but I also kinda like it. I always get connected to a game within a second or two and don't have to deal with 13 year old admins kicking me every time I send them to the graveyard you do get a laggy host games occasionally and also rage quitting hosts suck but not much u can do there. I think the pros outweigh the cons on this one. However I'm not a full on player so not having mods hasn't really ruffled my feathers. Also there are a heap of good game types that imo make up for it a bit

- The choice of sniper rifles... I want the M4oA or R700 back or any bolt action tactical rifle the ones we have feel all bulky.. However the .50 cal has been made a lot better from what I can tell, I use this 90% of the time aswell as the cheytac.

- The point system, still a breeze to max out your ranking and unlocks. A more BF2 feel would make it feel a lot more accomplishing and also add to the life of the game.

Anyway, that's the bulk of my dislikes with the game. If those were to be fixed I think we would have a close to perfect game even though it's pretty damn fun now

Re: What I don't like so far..

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
    So far I have REALLY liked this game, nearly as much as I liked CoD4 tbh. Despite its seemingly overpowered kill streaks and weaponry it actually balances out quite well mainly due to the smaller group sizes. Instead of having 32 people crammed onto a little map u got 12 and the maps also seem slightly larger?? could be wrong though.

I have played up to lvl 22 prestige now and used most weapons, and I think there are a few flaws in this game..

- The biggest one for me is the knifing.. wtf were they smoking when they decided to conjure up commando?? I remember in cod4 the knife lunging was ridiculous, but they seemed to have gone 7 steps further and increased this already overpowered lunge bs with a perk that allows you to knife an enemy from even FURTHER away. sometimes it's as if I'm getting knifed from 20+ feet away, this combined with some of the low pingers makes it VERY damn frustrating. Not to mention the supply glitch which gives their legs nitrous. Mw3 I think they should maybe implement red dots for knifing. I honestly think the game would be 50% better if they totally eliminated ALL knife lunge and made it so u HAVE to be within blade distance and direction to get a knife, not only would it stop this 20 foot spin around auto knifing bs but it would also make knifing stand for something, it would actually feel good to knife someone rather than just a way to conserve ammo.

-They should make it like BF2 so you have to knife them twice, once for dust in your face and once again for a kill :laugh:

- Thermal scopes on sniper rifles... Lame.

-Are you saying lame as in they suck or they are over powered? I think they are almost useless on any gun for HC (which is what I normally play) because most people use ColdBlooded

- Akimbo, we don't need it..

-Waste of an attachment in my opinion

- Grenade launcher, this attachment should take up a perk or secondary weapon.

-Or make you unable to get more GL rounds from Scavenger and/or Ammo Drops

- Scrambler?? lmao wtf is this meant to do other than warn everyone that you're within 30 yards of them? I couldn't count the amount of times scrambler has warned me of nearby enemies and won me the kill. Seriously, keep using this perk. I love it xD

-I don't even see the point of Scrambler Pro. WAY better off using SitRep than that.

- Weather, it seems each map still comes with its own pre-set weather. I was REALLY hoping for a variable weather system, would mix things up a bit and make it feel a little less repetitive but meh.

-I was always hoping for a map with a complete blizzard but there are too many things that would make playing those maps unbalanced. It would be awesome if there were Spec-Ops type missions where you play against each other though. They could make good use of the weather effects on that.

- The intermission times?? we don't need a break gtf on with it. Now I just exit lobby and search another one, but this sucks if u just had a great round with decent players.

-I think the intermission is fine now because there are too many customizations to change so you need the time.

- Obviously the non dedicated servers are a b*tch but I also kinda like it. I always get connected to a game within a second or two and don't have to deal with 13 year old admins kicking me every time I send them to the graveyard you do get a laggy host games occasionally and also rage quitting hosts suck but not much u can do there. I think the pros outweigh the cons on this one. However I'm not a full on player so not having mods hasn't really ruffled my feathers. Also there are a heap of good game types that imo make up for it a bit

-I don't have a problem with no Dedicated servers and Mods either.

- The choice of sniper rifles... I want the M4oA or R700 back or any bolt action tactical rifle the ones we have feel all bulky.. However the .50 cal has been made a lot better from what I can tell, I use this 90% of the time aswell as the cheytac.

-I'm also a fan of sniping and I would like even more choices of sniper rifles.

- The point system, still a breeze to max out your ranking and unlocks. A more BF2 feel would make it feel a lot more accomplishing and also add to the life of the game.

-If they did make it more like BF2 they would have to completely redo their unlocks system and I don't think it would be easy to keep everyone happy.

Anyway, that's the bulk of my dislikes with the game. If those were to be fixed I think we would have a close to perfect game even though it's pretty damn fun now

Woo Bold

Comment

The thermal is lame because it's WAYYYY overpowered. We don't need that much assistance surely >_<"

As for the battlefield remark, I basically mean make it so u need MORE points to unlock things. Getting to level 70 prestige 4 days after the games release is just ridiculous.

Also another thing I hate is the short game times. Just as u start to get into that zone and racking up kills BAM! game over wait in lobby for another 59 seconds.. that's LAME.

Comment

Why would you play CoD4 with 32 people? That just defeats the purpose. CoD4 was a muuuuch better game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
          Why would you play CoD4 with 32 people? That just defeats the purpose. CoD4 was a muuuuch better game.
          Believe it or not, Australia doesn't have an abundance of servers like the USA. It's either 32 player TDM or GTFO!

Comment

Believe it or not, Australia doesn't have an abundance of servers like the USA. It's either 32 player TDM or GTFO!
            Oh, hm. Liable excuse.

Comment

He is right you know, we have a very restricted choice...maybe P2P was a good thing.
              *Braces*

Comment

So minors in AUS are the target market for MW2 on the PC...

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                  So minors in AUS are the target market for MW2 on the PC...

Nope, I was just stating the things I like from my point of view. Never insinuated Australia were the target audience.

Comment

Nope, I was just stating the things I like from my point of view. Never insinuated Australia were the target audience.
                    This.

Comment

The games target audience is xbox players, therefore stupid things are highly acceptable. To be honest, it was ... well not even that fun for the first week. Just a pretty medicore game.

CoD4 still beats it hands down.

Comment

This is what pisses me off to my limits where i am THAT close to smashing my keyboard at my monitor.

Within 15 minutes of game play i receive from MW2 the following:

PLEASE RE READ THAT...15 MINUTES

Disconnection from Steam
                        Disconnection from IWnet
                        Waiting to connect to IWnet
                        then in between my connecting, i am forced to wait on games that cap at 120 ping ( I always get 60 ping games before...not today)
                        A game with a wall hacker
                        A game with 3 level 10 hackers
                        2 games with care package exploiters
                        A game with another hacker
                        And finally... game with a stacked clan spawncamping the crap out of our team

Within 15 minutes.

Screw you IW, you managed to turn a decent strategy game into a fancy bling bling arcade shooter that i am that close to throwing out my window and getting on...with..my...LIFE. without you IW..without your game of 2009 which you dont deserve bc its a one hit wonder the first time you play..then you hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
                          CoD4 still beats it hands down.
                          I just reinstalled CoD4 to compare it because I could swear sniping in CoD4 was a LOT easier than MW2 and I was right. For some reason snap shooting with the sniper rifles is soo much easier and more accurate in CoD4 than it is in MW2.. However in finding this out I also noticed what a sess pool CoD4 has become, fully of ak-47 campers and just non-stop nade spam from beginning to end. Yes I know this has always been an issue but it is 10 times worse now. Very rarely do people use anything other than the AK-47 unless it's one of those dreaded LMG's.

I'm not saying MW2 is a better game but despite it's apparent overkill both in the perk and killstreak system, it's a LOT less hectic than CoD4. You can actually run around and implement some sort of tactical movement. CoD4 it's just turned into luck. It's like running through a mine field constantly only to be shot dead by the guy hiding in the corner with his red dot LMG surrounded by claymores.

P.S. Another thing that needs fixing with mw2 is the semtex nades.. Their cook time is farrr too short, by the time you have heard the lil bastard you're dead.

Comment

You can't cook semtex. If it was short for you then it was probably thrown at a distance.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

That's what I'm talking about, the time it takes to explode from leaving the thrower.. It's far too short. O_o"

Comment

Working...
                              X