Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2142 patch will be after the release of BFBC2

Direct quote from update:

"And we haven't forgotten about BF2142 and the new patch, we'll be done with this shortly after BFBC2 is released."

Looks like they very well did forget. I was hoping for a December release in 2009, now we have to wait, if we're lucky, 2 more months, and judging my EA's current record, that has it's doubts. This is complete and utter bull. I have a feeling we are going to see a significant drop in players if the server lag isn't fixed well before then.

Re: 2142 patch will be after the release of BFBC2

i was hoping for release by christmas and that would've been a wait of more than 1 year.

now i don't trust them to have it done as soon as BC2 is done.

their previous excuse was after BF2 1.5 patch, they will finish 2142 patch.

what's the next excuse? they will finish it after 1943?

seriously, you got major issues if you announce the patch in december of 08, show screenshots of the new map, and then not release anything for over a year. especially when the community is putting up with servers crashing all the time. server crashing bug/exploit in a multiplayer game imo is inexcusable/unacceptable. no other game developer would ignore it like they have.

Comment

I really don't understand why it has taken this long.

The new map had already been "2142ed" - we already saw the screen shots.

I can't imagine the coding was all that different from what had already been done for BF2 - it's essentially the same game.

It seems that what's left are just a few 2142-specific things that a couple of programmers should have been able to do in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Typical EA crap. I can't beleive we are all excited about BC2 the way they treat their customers. This lag issue the last few monts is bs....it is costing me money as a server owner paying for it when not as many play due to the unplayability of it for alot. I have guys in my clan who won't/can't play because it is so jerky.

Comment

There's one guy working on the patch. No wonder it takes time.

That said I don't blame them either, they probably want to keep their focus on BFBC2 right now.

Comment

Well, it's a wonder that they still working on a 2142 patch. I though they'd throwed that game into the dungeon archives a long time ago...

Comment

Battlefield 2 is a great game but 2142 is better. I think the reason a lot of people stick with 2 is the contemporary setting. BF2 seems primitive compared to 2142 to me and personally I'm sick to death of the modern middle east warfare cliche. Also 2142 has a direct revenue stream in ingame advertising.

It is annoying that we're still waiting for this patch after over a year especially when it's supposed to be such a minor update.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeJr
                Typical EA crap. I can't beleive we are all excited about BC2 the way they treat their customers. This lag issue the last few monts is bs....it is costing me money as a server owner paying for it when not as many play due to the unplayability of it for alot. I have guys in my clan who won't/can't play because it is so jerky.
                BC2 will probably get the same treatment when it comes time for BF3.
                their whole patching system is whack as hell.

i can't believe they let 2142 servers lag out during the holidays, when most players are online. and it still hasn't even been fixed.

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                Well the patch will be here after BF1943, and Medal of Honor is released, as well as BF3. I'm sure it will be release after BF2 patch 1.6, since BF2 is more important then this watered down version of Battlefield.
                oh and please evantek, stop trolling here. i am not in the mood to deal with your shenanigans. i thought you were through with this crap.

Comment

Well that whole post was sarcasm in case you haven't noticed.

Comment

What about that you guy lower your expectations. Then your disappointment will also be lowered. We'll see what happens after bad company2 comes out, otherwise im not waiting with baited breath

Comment

Working...
                    X