X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan. 28th official

Good news from the pc blog!

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...29-n-dice.aspx

Sorry,didn't realize this was already posted.

Re: Jan. 28th official

:awes

Comment

Will it still be good competitively without mod tools? Just wondering your guys opinions...

Comment

Competitively? I dont think so.

The reason is because any strange quirk with a weapon is adjusted or removed in mod tools. Unless the game is made perfect with competition in mind, I don't see it happening.

Now if they give a ton of server options to turn off all kinds of things, then you could possibly work around that with those tools. It will depend on what those server side tools could do.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by skullz3
          Will it still be good competitively without mod tools? Just wondering your guys opinions...
          If there are server settings that cater to competitive play, I think so.

But really it depends on what kind of comp play you're talking about. 21CW and the likes will obviously suffer but normal 5v5 INF or 8v8 CQ ladders might not have much of a problem at all, given that DICE listens to their needs.

Comment

why not make it open ,its just stupid money grabbing marketing,when did fan loyaly leave EA?lol

ive brought every battlefield title except the mod 2142 lol

Comment

Originally posted by iQue

But really it depends on what kind of comp play you're talking about. 21CW and the likes will obviously suffer but normal 5v5 INF or 8v8 CQ ladders might not have much of a problem at all, given that DICE listens to their needs.
              Yea, this.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue

Yeah vanilla comp was possible with BF2. The BF Pro mod was mostly just little tweaks (tighter weapons, more fair and varied spawns, some anti spam measures) that mostly should have been in the release anyway. However, I'm not certain how you are going to play with the unlocks. In BF2 you just didn't play with them on unranked servers. I don't see how you could do this with BC2 because without unlocks your cutting out a significant chuck of the game. Would you play the matches ranked? I saw some comps for BF2142 that included unlocks but I never really looked into how they did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Painboy
                  Yeah vanilla comp was possible with BF2. The BF Pro mod was mostly just little tweaks (tighter weapons, more fair and varied spawns, some anti spam measures) that mostly should have been in the release anyway. However, I'm not certain how you are going to play with the unlocks. In BF2 you just didn't play with them on unranked servers. I don't see how you could do this with BC2 because without unlocks your cutting out a significant chuck of the game. Would you play the matches ranked? I saw some comps for BF2142 that included unlocks but I never really looked into how they did it.
                  Thats a good point... I wonder how they would work competition with unlocks.

Comment

Well, there was never a problem with BF2 and BF2142 being played without a competitive mod. I don't see why this would stop BF BC2. In fact as I remember most of the time I played vanilla BF2 with just some custom rules like no vehicles or artillery. It wasn't until much later that promod was being used for BF2, but that was when BF2 was already losing interest.

TWL is the only league that still supports BF2, after CAL's death. And it still uses BF2 vanilla for competitions.

Comment

Working...
                    X