I tried, I really did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried, I really did

I tried to like this game again. I really did. But now I hate it more than I ever thought I could.

I joined a server earlier today where I had a 17ms ping. I figured it would be almost like a LAN, weapons would actually work and all that.

I was wrong. This changes everything.

First, I hit a bomber with a tank round. It was in mid dive, so I had a straight shot into the pilot's face. I got a cloud of dust and it dropped its bombs, killing the **** out of me.

So I figured, "Maybe it's just fast-movers. I'll try things on the ground and see how it goes."
    It went poorly. I was capturing a flag when an FAV rolled up. Neither of the people in it seemed to have seen me. So I slowly snuck up behind them, waited until I was at a range where there should have been NO CHANCE in HELL that I could miss. Then I unloaded my G36C into the back of one guy's head and went to work on the other one. As I started to aim at the second guy, it registered in my mind that I didn't get any hit indicators on the first one, and no points had been awarded. So as I was shooting the second guy in the head, getting dust puffs the whole time, the first guy turned around and I died. I didn't even see a muzzle flash, I just fell over dead.

If the hit detection is still this lame after nearly five years, screw BF:BC2, and screw the new MoH that they're doing the MP for. I have no confidence in Dice at all. Dust poofs like that, I'd expect at 100ms+. At 17ms, people should die when you shoot them.

Re: I tried, I really did

your ping was too good. and your opponents pings were probably much higher. your good ping is what got you killed probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
      your ping was too good. and your opponents pings were probably much higher. your good ping is what got you killed probably.
      Since I'm not throttling my network, I'm just not going to be playing the game. My clan was wanting to add it to our list for a game night, but if it punishes people for having decent pings I'll just burn it.

Comment

Good hit reg is intermittent in BF2... but I love the game so much I've learnt to adapt my playing style depending on the circumstances. If I feel I'm having bad hit reg I go vehicle whoring or opt for brute force weapons like the jackhammer or DAO-12, then you don't notice it so much. On a good hit reg day I'll stick with sniper rifles and assault rifles. Not really a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanDad
          Good hit reg is intermittent in BF2... but I love the game so much I've learnt to adapt my playing style depending on the circumstances. If I feel I'm having bad hit reg I go vehicle whoring or opt for brute force weapons like the jackhammer or DAO-12, then you don't notice it so much. On a good hit reg day I'll stick with sniper rifles and assault rifles. Not really a big deal.
          That's why I started in the tank. I figured having big bullets would help keep me alive longer. I hit the jet in the pilot's face with the tank round, nothing but dust.
          The fact that it can ever happen in a game while I have 17ms ping is enough to make me really reconsider getting BFBC2. Nearly five years in and hit detection is still this bad? This does not inspire confidence at all. There shouldn't be "good reg days" or "bad reg days." The game should work. It shouldn't be a roll of the dice like that.

Comment

Roll of the DICE

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              Roll of the DICE

Crunch
              Yeah, I know. If I wanted to play games based completely on luck I would go play Yahtzee with my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                There shouldn't be "good reg days" or "bad reg days." The game should work. It shouldn't be a roll of the dice like that.
                Agreed.

BF2 is the only game I've ever played that exhibits this. Chalk it up to the broken code I guess.. but damn is it annoying.

Comment

You know what did work very well though? Entering vehicles! I loved it when someone on my team would try to run me down in a buggy and I would just hold down the E key. Chopper jumping was great too! Remember all the stunt videos? Oh those were good times

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Maybe it was a server sided issue, hit reg sucked or was modified so the majority of players could play fine(majority has usually high pings so it is modified to suit the average ping which may has been pretty higher than yours)

Comment

Originally posted by _S3rH3nD_
                      Maybe it was a server sided issue, hit reg sucked or was modified so the majority of players could play fine(majority has usually high pings so it is modified to suit the average ping which may has been pretty higher than yours)
                      A game should never punish someone that severely for having a good connection to the server. For the jet, that's one thing. It was moving at a high rate of speed and I was pretty lucky to get the shot off into the cockpit. For two stationary players capturing a flag? Shenanigans. We are living in an age where broadband is available in most places. My in-laws live a good distance out in the country and still have 1.5Mb DSL. It's possible to game from out there. With decent servers and connections, we can play across oceans. The server in my backyard should not penalize me to that extent just because I can navigate a server browser and choose what should be a good server for me.

Comment

I just tried to find a reason pal, it is not like i am supporting this nonsense. Do not take it as something to defend yourself against.
                        And chill, if I start telling all the BS I went through during all those years of gameplay in BF2 you would take off your hat to them.

Comment

When your ping is too low and your enemies is too high, stuff gets crazy.

Comment

Oh, don't worry about it now. The engine is crap, and always has been crap. I looked past it before. Now I can't. I just won't play the game anymore. Pretty simple.

And how in the hell can my ping be "too low?" There is no such thing. That's like saying your FPS is too high. Bullsauce.

Comment

ask tomeisis he's apparently never felt these issues

Comment

Working...
                              X