Reformatting Hard drive/COD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reformatting Hard drive/COD4

This may be disclosed somewhere within the massive amount of threads here for COD4, but I am planning on reformatting my computer soon and I was wondering if there is anyway that I can back up my COD4 accomplishments and such. I would really hate to lose what I have worked for.

Any input and assistance is greatly appreciated.

:thumbsup:

Re: Reformatting Hard drive/COD4

D:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles
    Copy folder "profiles" to an external hard drive or USB drive.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
      D:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles
      Copy folder "profiles" to an external hard drive or USB drive.
      :yay: Thanks !

Comment

Reformat was successful, however I still experience "freezing up" at the lobby page and then once I select and load into a server I have to die around 2 times due to the game "freezing" I uI play in low ping servers ranging from 40-70 ping rate. This happens to me on ALL servers. Has anyone had this same experience and can anyone help me resolve this?

Specs:

Asus A8N SLI Motherboard
        AMD 2.4G Athlon
        8800 GTS 320Mb graphics
        250Gig Hard drive
        2.5 gig RAM

Comment

Yes, whenever I ran virus software. I would get a stutter.

You might also change your punkbuster setting so that it does not respond all the time. In the console type in "pb_sleep 500" then "pb_writecgf". It could be that.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Thanks Crunch, I will try that. I do not run anti virus during gaming as it does seem to cause lag and such.I also use game booster to shut down unnecessary programs from running in the background. :thumbsup:

Comment

Almost forgot;

I read a post from someone, somewhere a long time ago that was having these spikes and they turned off the service "Wireless Zero Configuration" in XP. In Vista/7 its called something else, but basically its the service that runs wireless for PCs. If you do not run anything wireless, you do not need the service and can turn it off.

So you might try that if the punkbuster doesnt work.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Tried the punkbuster approach and the wireless config and no change. I have to say it is a bit frustrating. Any other options is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X