Seriously wtf problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously wtf problem

Alright so I wanted to play bf2 again and installed it. The problem arose when I tried to install patch 1.5 it gave me an error saying you already have a newer version installed. So I was like wtf? Of course I didn't it was still the default patch. The only way I was able to patch was by editing the registry by doing these steps

" Go into the registry, search for "battlefield". One of the keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software should have values named InstallDir, Language, and Locale. If the one named Version isn't there, right click->New->String value and name the new value Version. Right click it, choose Modify, type 1.4 in there and ok. Now it should work."

Then I was able to install patch 1.5 and started up bf2. I tried to join a server and it gave me an error that said "only players with unmodified content are allowed to play on this server" So I tried reinstalling patch and updating PB and nothing. I have tried reinstalling but the whole process starts over when it tells me I already have a newer version installed.

Please help! This is so frustrating :/.

Re: Seriously wtf problem

You should have installed patch 1.41 first. Then install 1.5. Now you have to reinstall the game.

Comment

Working...
    X