Respawn??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respawn??????

Been playing this game for years and I would like to know why some players can respawn in a matter of seconds all the time. Are there some settings on my computer that would give me the same advantage or is it some type of cheat,etc that I need to know about. Any feedback would be helpful ...........

Re: Respawn??????

The default spawn times are the same for all players within a given round.

I believe there are server-side modifications that can be done to increase/reduce spawn times, but these would be reflected equally for all players during the round. I'm 99% sure they cannot be individually programmed per player ID. Also, I don't think that kind of change would be allowed for ranked servers.

Is it possible you were up against a squad and didn't know it?

Comment

Originally posted by zone36
      The default spawn times are the same for all players within a given round.

I believe there are server-side modifications that can be done to increase/reduce spawn times, but these would be reflected equally for all players during the round. I'm 99% sure they cannot be individually programmed per player ID. Also, I don't think that kind of change would be allowed for ranked servers.

Is it possible you were up against a squad and didn't know it?
      No way, as I have played on this server for over a year and there are a few players that are ranked Col. and above that can respawn in 1-3 seconds like clock work. I have never complained and have felt that it was a server side modification. Oh well such is life and thanks for the help.

Comment

Is this on a ranked server?

Comment

Originally posted by zone36
          Is this on a ranked server?
          Yes it is but they are very strict about cheaters, hackers, etc. Since I play there quite alot and it is run by a legit clan I have never complained about it.

Comment

Unless you have some sort of proof then we will have to assume that you are wrong about this and are mistaken.

Comment

BF2 has something I call "spawn-waves" yes there is a 15 sec respawn, but when you die if you die near the end of one of these 15 sec "spawn waves" you will come back when that "wave" has expired. Like in a few seconds instead of 15.

Comment

I like people that make **** up... Spawn waves? Maybe in a mod not in vanilla.

Comment

I have noticed this sometimes especially squad spawn times,i just assumed it was hacks(plenty out there)

Comment

So your tellign me that everytime you die, you wait a full 15 seconds before you respawn? You dont, of course and the term spawn waves was something I used to try and explain it to people. Do some research on it yourself if you feel like being a smartass.....

Comment

huh??

Comment

Originally posted by [1SMB]W|Pfc.Shoxie
                        So your tellign me that everytime you die, you wait a full 15 seconds before you respawn? You dont, of course and the term spawn waves was something I used to try and explain it to people. Do some research on it yourself if you feel like being a smartass.....
                        It's always 15 seconds after you were killed on ranked servers/default settings. Don't know what game you're playing.

Comment

Battlefield 2 and 2142 have individual spawn time, the default time being 15 seconds for all players. Battlefield 1942 and (I think) vietnam have these so- called "spawn waves" where everybody who died respawns at once. I actually kind of miss them. It was fun to all spawn at once and gang rape the guy who killed all of the defenders.

Comment

Maybe they were revived all the time

And in my 2K+ BF2 hours I have never heard or had spawn waves. If I was killed then unless I was revived I had to wait 15 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi
                              Maybe they were revived all the time

And in my 2K+ BF2 hours I have never heard or had spawn waves. If I was killed then unless I was revived I had to wait 15 seconds.
                              Exactly people are just making things up.

Comment

Working...
                              X