Processor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processor Question

I'm really excited about this game but I'm worried about my processor. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo 9600 at 2.8 ghz. The recommended requirements said a Quad Core Processor. Do you think this is going to cause a problem or should it be alright?

Re: Processor Question

Originally posted by ChrisRiv91
    I'm really excited about this game but I'm worried about my processor. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo 9600 at 2.8 ghz. The recommended requirements said a Quad Core Processor. Do you think this is going to cause a problem or should it be alright?
    IMO, you should be fine. Im running an E8400 at 3GHZ and have no plans to upgrade. The beta will also be a decent measure of how well your computer will handle the game.

Comment

I plan on playing on my laptop, it passes the minimum requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
        I plan on playing on my laptop, it passes the minimum requirements.
        thats one hell of a laptop

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
          IMO, you should be fine. Im running an E8400 at 3GHZ and have no plans to upgrade. The beta will also be a decent measure of how well your computer will handle the game.
          Thanks for you input, I just get a little nervous anytime it says quadcore. My laptop has some trouble with Grand Theft Auto which said it is optimized for quad core processors, so I just wanted to make sure everything would be some what decent.

Comment

GTA4?

Honestly, I think that even today you'd struggle to build a system that GTA4 doesn't run like crap on.
            Not because the game is so beautiful or the requirements are so high, but because it's an unoptimized, buggy POS.

Comment

Agree about the GTA4 statement as much as I love the game, and think it's a lot of fun the graphics and resources it uses are just over the top. I have Quad Core with a 4870 and I can't max the game out, which is ridiculous.

Comment

Overclock it !

Comment

Working...
                X