What's it gonna be like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it gonna be like?

I was wondering wut this game will be like with the destructibility. I never played BC1 or 1943. So who knows or wants to guess? I think it will add an INSANE amount of new tactical challenges and ability. I've never played a game with destruction like this, other than watching a few buildings in Crysis fall apart.

Re: What's it gonna be like?

dunno, i'm a destruction virgin myself. too bad the console guys have a leg up on us in that dept.

Comment

First Post i'll let you in on a secret, those campers hiding behind walls, yeah thats not going to happen if you have a general idea where they are just blow up their precious wall.

Comment

It depends on what you have to blow up a wall and what the wall is made of. For example a grenade launcher will not damage a concrete wall but will blow up brick, wood, etc. For concrete you need a tank or an RPG/KORN. Also not everything is destructable, things like steel beams and concrete buildings can't be taken down.

Also destruction adds a whole new depth to gameplay and brings more variety to the maps.

Comment

Makes sense that not EVERYTHING can be destroyed, you do want a battlefield to fight on by the end of the match.
          As most PC players i have ever really experienced destruction, it will add an extra depth of battle and keep things interesting.
          Oh and has BFBC2 been confirmed with dedicated servers?

Comment

from playing the beta I can tell you its pretty dam awesome, when crap is exploding around you and you are desperately running from building to building watching walls explode it gets very intense

very satisfying taking out a wall some cocky sniper is hiding behind as well

Comment

It's gonna be awesome. I got a PS3 for xmas and BF:BC and I really enjoy playing it. However, there are lots of situations where I say to myself "It's too bad this wasn't for PC". The only reason I say that is because of the controls.

Comment

You know how people do a run/jump/grenade in CoD:4 the instant they spawn in a SnD game? Now imaging running to a tank and shelling an area immediatly.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                  Makes sense that not EVERYTHING can be destroyed, you do want a battlefield to fight on by the end of the match.
                  As most PC players i have ever really experienced destruction, it will add an extra depth of battle and keep things interesting.
                  Oh and has BFBC2 been confirmed with dedicated servers?
                  yes there are dedicated servers

Comment

I wonder how long it will be before the PC community stops blowing up buildings for the hell of it? 1 month? lol. I know the thing Im gonna do is grab a tank and start blowing stuff up. Now I was wondering. Can I drive tanks THROUGH walls?

Comment

in a tank when you hit a lot of stuff you will plow through it, fences etc will go right over

as for walls, I am sure you damage them, I can't remember if you go right through them though, on a lot of larger objects there is resistance when you hit them, so you dont just plow over large objects

but I believe on most walls you would destroy or damage them if you drive into them (destructible buildings only)

Comment

Haven't tried destruction myself either. To me from what I've seen, it will bring more variety and depth to the maps. You will no longer rely on 1 path to take a flag, vehicle, enemy or what ever. It will be constantly changing and making you change the way you play. What I really like as well, is the Terrain Deformation(Terrain Destruction). The floor will constantly change from bombs, c4, shells, mortars and effect how vehicles handle.

Another thing that we will benefit from Destruction is when you are in a tank and there is an enemy behind a box, wall, object, you will be able to shoot it. In BF2, this really pissed me off, because all the enemy had to do is sit behind an object and he would pretty much be invincible. Of course, the blast of the tank shells could kill them, but now we can just destroy their cover!!

Can't wait to see how this affects Clan matches and so forth.

Comment

AHHAH No More Camperr

Comment

Originally posted by Swatpll
                            AHHAH No More Camperr
                            yeah, that's what has me excited. I really can't wait to play this game

Comment

Working...
                            X