Recorded 3 Hackers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recorded 3 Hackers...

You know, I kept seeing people claim they were going to "Report" hackers to VAC but I knew VAC wouldn't take their word for it which means the threats were simply childish threats. Then I figure, well, take video proof and back it up with a Steam ID and there you have it, who could dispute that?

But after taking said video, I looked at the VAC site, Steam Anti-Cheat forums...etc, and found that they do not take any 3rd party evidence because they claim "VAC will catch hackers and ban them, we do not need your help".

I'm sorry, but this is stupid because a friend of mine has been botting (I don't agree with this) since the game came out and he hasn't been caught. Then the VAC lovers on the forums say "Oh, but they banned 20,000 people". Whoopty do, many of which used simple console hacks, others using free hacks which easily do get caught...blah blah blah

VAC needs a thorough look over and rewrite their policy. Judge for yourself, here's my video:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Re: Recorded 3 Hackers...

Man....I'm glad I didnt buy this game. What a joke. This video is reminscent of when first got into online gaming 7 years ago. A time when hackers rarely got banned and anti cheats like punkbuster didnt exist. Its amazing how a** backwards the COD franchise has become.

Comment

Without a developer console you can't link the VAC id with the player in game. Anyone can change their name to whatever they want, and jut because someone recorded them with fraps, and has them in their "recent people played list" isn't enough to prove that they were indeed the same person hacking. Imagine them banning people based on "he said she said" bases then it would be a total mess.

Comment

The fact that VAC are so idiotic to say "We don't take player reports we do the banning hur dur played your hacked up game hur dur" is stupid.

Comment

You guys knew damn well, that without dedicated servers, in game dev console that the game will be a huge hack fest.

Comment

Lucky for me, only 2 hackers to speak of!

Comment

Video recorded with 3rd party app is no proof. All we know your friends changed their names and started botting. Im sure that is not the case but Valve doesnt know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29
                Man....I'm glad I didnt buy this game. What a joke. This video is reminscent of when first got into online gaming 7 years ago. A time when hackers rarely got banned and anti cheats like punkbuster didnt exist. Its amazing how a** backwards the COD franchise has become.
                Comments like this are getting old and stale.

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]TA|Patton
                  You know, I kept seeing people claim they were going to "Report" hackers to VAC but I knew VAC wouldn't take their word for it which means the threats were simply childish threats. Then I figure, well, take video proof and back it up with a Steam ID and there you have it, who could dispute that?

But after taking said video, I looked at the VAC site, Steam Anti-Cheat forums...etc, and found that they do not take any 3rd party evidence because they claim "VAC will catch hackers and ban them, we do not need your help".

I'm sorry, but this is stupid because a friend of mine has been botting (I don't agree with this) since the game came out and he hasn't been caught. Then the VAC lovers on the forums say "Oh, but they banned 20,000 people". Whoopty do, many of which used simple console hacks, others using free hacks which easily do get caught...blah blah blah

VAC needs a thorough look over and rewrite their policy. Judge for yourself, here's my video:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTBnGaGyDSY
                  Is there any game where cheat reports are treated seriously? I have seen various EA games where they had subforums or other means of reporting hackers, and yet very little happened.
                  And it makes sense, do you have any idea how many whine-videos they would have to watch? It is not doable.

As for VAC, it reportedly has a delay of up to 2 months before banning, so your friend isnt proof of anything yet.

No, I think you should start being a part of the solution: Dump you friend, let him know that cheaters are outcasts. He must be a loser anyway.

Comment

as much as i dont agree with hackers dumping a friend over videogames is a little much

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                      as much as i dont agree with hackers dumping a friend over videogames is a little much
                      If he is a cheater then there is problay plenty of other reasons to dump him.
                      But I am getting tired of people complaing that VAC/PB/EA/CIA whatever dont do anything about hackers, while at the same time admitting that they are friends with cheaters themselves.
                      They are the ones that makes cheating seems acceptable to the losers.

Comment

There is no 100% solution when it comes to cheaters. Ive been banned from servers for cheating by admins and have seen things go undetected by all "catching" programs.

As Ive said many times, until they start adding some encryption and algorithms to their files for comparison (real algorithms, not MD5 that can be spoofed) there will always be work arounds.

Punkbuster was the closest thing yet, but they have now become stale with a huge security hole they will not acknowledge or fix. VAC, imo, was the first attempt, but there has been nothing expanded with it in forever. In fact, until MW2 announced it using it, I thought it was strictly for HL engine games.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                          Punkbuster was the closest thing yet, but they have now become stale with a huge security hole they will not acknowledge or fix. VAC, imo, was the first attempt, but there has been nothing expanded with it in forever. In fact, until MW2 announced it using it, I thought it was strictly for HL engine games.

Crunch
                          They may have needed to redesign it or what not to work with MW2 because from what I have read, VAC's hold on Modern Warfare 2 is so lacking and poorly placed, that hackers have now designed and released programs that will completely turn VAC off in MW2. x_x

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]TA|Patton
                            They may have needed to redesign it or what not to work with MW2 because from what I have read, VAC's hold on Modern Warfare 2 is so lacking and poorly placed, that hackers have now designed and released programs that will completely turn VAC off in MW2. x_x
                            Thats part of the problem is that these companies invest so much in their current setup that they cannot invest in future growth. Too much is tied to the existing infrastructure that starting over or doing a massive upgrade may not be possible.

That and I am sure companies simply say that these are just games. Whats the big deal?

I think it will be a very long time before a good and strong solution comes up. I could be wrong and hope so, but I doubt it.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Just a quick question but would hackers lag a server?

Comment

Working...
                              X