The laser tracker thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The laser tracker thing

Hey all I was watching a video and apparently there is this laser tracer thing that when shot onto a vehicle, it allows rockets to lock onto it and blow the vehicle up. I was wondering if this laser can be shot onto buildings? I would love to fire it at enemy's cover, or at a sniper then have the rocket blow him/her/it up. :yay:

Re: The laser tracker thing

I hope this is the case, would be awesome!

Comment

The Tracer Dart gun. In BC1 it could only target vehicles. I belive its been tweaked to allow you to hit people as well now in BC2. Tracer dart a sniper and then hit him with a rocket.

Comment

yeh seen it a few times in the beta, but you need people around you to have the missile launcher unlocked that can follow the darts

sucks when you pick up a guys kit and need to use his pistol and pull out the dart gun lol

Comment

Very cool. I've never played a game with that kind of weapon.

Comment

If you shoot a tracer dart do you yourself have to pull out rocker launcher then shoot ?
            or
            Is it like artillery where a missile will be fired from somewhere else and hit the target ?

Comment

can you shoot the dart at your own feet?

Comment

The rocket launcher and tracer dart pistol aren't available to the same class. So technically, you could fire a tracer dart, then pick up a guys AT kit and let off a rocket, but typically you are marking the target for your buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by [29ID]A|CPT.Juno{XX}
                  The rocket launcher and tracer dart pistol aren't available to the same class. So technically, you could fire a tracer dart, then pick up a guys AT kit and let off a rocket, but typically you are marking the target for your buddies.
                  My question is then can i dart a target and have someone sitting across the map at the base with ammo keep firing off rockets at my targets ?

Comment

I would assume there is a range limitation.

Comment

I would assume there is a range limitation.
                      Lets just hope that EA thought that far ahead....

Comment

Unless they changed something since the beta this is not the case. I used to run around with the tracer gun and RPG all the time. It replaces your sidearm.

Comment

Originally posted by Painboy
                          Unless they changed something since the beta this is not the case. I used to run around with the tracer gun and RPG all the time. It replaces your sidearm.

This. Tracer dart is a sidearm now. Every kit can opt to replace their pistol with it.

If you shoot a tracer dart do you yourself have to pull out rocker launcher then shoot ?
                          or
                          Is it like artillery where a missile will be fired from somewhere else and hit the target ?
                          Any engie on your team can fire a rocket at it.

Comment

if i remember right bf2 was ment to have target designation system, all those years ago...:nod:
                            well they took there time geting round to it:thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
                              I belive its been tweaked to allow you to hit people as well now in BC2. Tracer dart a sniper and then hit him with a rocket.
                              Wow, there will be some enjoyment out of this...

Comment

Working...
                              X