beginning of the round lag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginning of the round lag?

WTF happened to this site? They just wiped all of the threads since the release of battlefield2 and now only store threads a month or less old? Anyway, Since I can't do a search on this, ever since the release of the latest patch every time I jon a round for about 2 minutes my game lags real bad every like 2 seconds so I have to go hide somewhere and wait for it to subside. It's quite annoying and happens with both my vid cards and all the different drivers I try. Anyone else have this problem? Any fixes? Thankss.

Re: beginning of the round lag?

Same problem here. Look at your hard drive LED, if it flickers when you lag, you need more ram.

Comment

Hmm, well if I was playing COD mw2 I'd believe that but it's BF2 and I'm playing with the same amount of RAM I've been playing with for awhile which is 2.5gb. I know that's not a whole lot but it's more than enough for BF2. And this didnt start happening until the latest patch.

Comment

Vista: 1GB
        BF2: 1GB - 1.5GB

If you're playing on certain maps & servers, BF2 can use 1.5GB. Combining both Vista & BF2 you'd be hitting your 2.5GB limit and your computer would start using the pagefile as RAM which would cause you to lag at the beginning of the round.

Comment

Regardless of whether it used to lag before or not - HD led flicker + lag = need more ram. Maybe you changed the settings up a notch since last time and now it needs a whole lot more memory than it used to.

Comment

Who said I was on Vista? LOL, I would never run Vista for my gaming machine. I'm on XP

Comment

You want at least 2GB of ram, I used to have this when I ran with only 1.

Comment

I would try setting your page file to a fixed size 2x the amount of ram. also try defragging.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                X