Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beta For ppl who not own a limited edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta For ppl who not own a limited edition?

Do we know if they are a date for EVERYBODY for the beta at pc ?

I just look at twitter etc..but nothing about a date for pc...

Re: Beta For ppl who not own a limited edition?

There is no date, and it was stated by DICE on a twitter post telling people that there is no date set and not to believe what they are reading regarding the beta for gamestop people.

Comment

I bet they have done consoles and now heads down bum up working flat out trying to complete PC porting on time.

I have a nagging feeling that PC does not like the frostbite engine though!, otherwise we would have seen 1943 by now:cry:

yes the lack of news is not good for poor ole PC too:salute:

Comment

Awww:s i wish we going got one!

Comment

I too have this feeling that the conversion of the frostbite engine from the consoles to the PC hasnt gone as smoothly as they had hoped.

Comment

For the last and final time, I will say this. As a former Electronic Arts Employee who worked very closely with the Developers on several EA titles I will say this.

PC GAMES ARE NOT MADE ON A CONSOLE.EVERYTHING MADE BY EA IS MADE ON A PC, FOR PC, THEN PORTED TO EACH SPECIFIC SYSTEM. GAMES ARE NOT PORTED TO 360/PS3 AND THEN BACK TO PC.

PC GAMES MADE BY EA, ARE MADE ENTIRELY FOR THE PC.

I realize a lot of people are bitter because of ported crap like mw2. But newsflash, EA didn't make it.

So please stop hating them for something they had nothing to do with.

Comment

i've already got my preorder placed at amazon, and i don't honestly care if i miss the beta since it only lasts a month. however, i'm pretty sure i'll be able to get a key somewhere. the way PS3 beta was handled, it didn't seem like it was impossible to get the key. they're still giving em away via twitter fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by [11AD]MAJ.Juno{XX}
                For the last and final time, I will say this. As a former Electronic Arts Employee who worked very closely with the Developers on several EA titles I will say this.

PC GAMES ARE NOT MADE ON A CONSOLE.EVERYTHING MADE BY EA IS MADE ON A PC, FOR PC, THEN PORTED TO EACH SPECIFIC SYSTEM. GAMES ARE NOT PORTED TO 360/PS3 AND THEN BACK TO PC.

I realize a lot of people are bitter because of ported crap like mw2. But newsflash, EA didn't make it.

that is a confussing conundrum,then why is PC limited by consoles?why not add prone?(consoles dont have prone because low DPI)

I know it not made on consoles but its the same product only they added a few more players to try satisfy us:hmm:,thats all

why not sandbox and this tunnel type maps now?the game smell like consoles,tastes like consoles!then it probably is a console title?no offence

Comment

Well since it's been touched on, I'll fill you guys in on something.

If a bug is discovered while testing, and the developers are not able to fix the bug, and it has a serious impact on gameplay , they take out the feature that is causing the bug. We did it many times, you'd be surprised how amazing most EA games would be if all the features in the code would work together, but thats not always the case. Sometimes, they will put it on the back burner to get it on a later build, or address it in a patch.

It's my suspicion, that prone caused problems the Dev's were not able to fix, and that's why were not seeing it.

Trust me, PC is not limited by consoles.

They can give you whatever excuse they want for not having it, but that is a PR answer, and not the whole truth.

Also the simple fact is, the PC version doesn't smell taste or feel like anything, because nobody has seen it, screenshots or otherwise. Really we have absolutely no idea whatsoever what the PC version is like, so it's all speculation at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by [11AD]MAJ.Juno{XX}

Didn't know that. Thanks for info.
                    I always thought it was easier/faster to make on/for console.

Comment

Development work for everything is on the PC, it's what they do. This is the case for anything on consoles.

As they're coding for the consoles, the features you see are based on that and how much work they want to do or have time for. PC changes (if any) are extra coding on the code base specifically for the PC build (amongst compatibility changes for other PC hardware)

Comment

AHAHAH thx for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Indecisi0n
                          Didn't know that. Thanks for info.
                          I always thought it was easier/faster to make on/for console.
                          The QA portion usually is because you only have to test for one set of hardware and config which is known in advance. But otherwise the developement time should be similiar.

Also a lot of the reason consoles are dumbed down is because of interface issues (no keyboard, controls must be made workable for a gamepad).

Comment

Originally posted by Painboy
                            The QA portion usually is because you only have to test for one set of hardware and config which is known in advance. But otherwise the developement time should be similiar.

Also a lot of the reason consoles are dumbed down is because of interface issues (no keyboard, controls must be made workable for a gamepad).
                            Incorrect, on PC titles we all have different rigs that we test with. Some at the Minimum, some at the recommended. and some uber quad sli rigs just to see how they will run the game. We also run them on LCD and CRT screen. You check a very large portion of the specs market, so its not just one resolution or setting that is tested. We test them all.

And as stated, there is no interface issues, controls are in the very first builds we get (otherwise how would we test) so on a multiplatform game, controls are set individually on each system as the builds for that system come available. There is literally no sharing between PC and consoles at EA. It's all done independently.

Comment

Working...
                            X