new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new

Just bought this game and I am dissappointed.The hitreg is better than bf2 but not by much,and it takes a whole clip to kill someone.Is it just me?And don't say it is because i suck.I don't.So what is the trick?Aim to the left?Aim to the right?Tell me how to get passed the luck aspect of killing someone in this game.Because this game and bf2 require more luck than skill.When the hitreg is working i pwn.Plz no mindless fanboy responses necessary.

Re: new

I played BF2142 for a while and to me it was the greatest game I have ever played...then I got vista. So I stopped.
    After 3 years of never touching it I picked it up and installed it, I have to say compared to what I remember it wasn't what I wanted.
    I noticed these things but not to that high of a degree. It is different to Bf2 as they are different games, but it is no longer that "great" in my books.

Comment

So you've just bought the game and you are suprised that you're not better than everyone else. There are people on the servers that have played the game for over 3 years so as you might expect they're quite good at it. Annoying people can drop you from 100 yards with a short burst of the Krylov/Voss - not me, I never touch the Assault kit.

2142 was and is a great game but you might want to just wait for the next gen Battlefield - can't be that far away now. Don't **** it up DICE!

Comment

I'm not expecting to be better than everyone else, I'm just expecting hitreg to work so when i kill, and others kill me it is not half luck

Comment

It shouldn't take you a whole clip to kill somebody, however it will do if you don't understand the firing mechanics of the weaponry you choose to use. Even if your aim is spot on over an enemies hitbox, if you hold down left click, they're not going to die.

No point making a long post, there's plenty of material around here on how to understand each weapon and how best to use them/deal with reg etc. But as somebody who's admittedly played far too long, it's not that difficult once you work it out and it's definitely not more luck than skill (otherwise I've enjoyed quite a good run of luck for the last few years). Try watching some vids of good players, get the movement and shooting down from watching their playstyle, is the fastest way to learn.

Comment

I can kill usually 2 and with some luck 3 enemies with the Krylov. The Scar never more than 2 (dunno why?). So it's surely possible to kill more than one enemy with one clip even with the standard weapons. And I'm not even talking about the Ganz...

I only played BF2 a little, but I can say it's quite different and you can't just transfer your skills from one to another, at least I can't.

Comment

main diff i see is that in BF2, you don't have to scope to get accurate hits for kills. in 2142, you are mostly required to scope for accuracy unless it's close quarters.

Comment

Maybe high ping? but i doubt it. I never had prob with the hitreg since day one. Why do you complain if its better then BF2? I can get 3-4 kills with the scar11 at medium-long range. New players always whine, and yes its prolly just you.

Comment

Maybe it's the major Lag issues that are going on right now.

Comment

crouch is your friend. No insta prone. Crouch always wins

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                      Maybe it's the major Lag issues that are going on right now.
                      very good point

Comment

Its amazing how I have bought every damn game for the past few years that's theoretically competition to BF2142, and nothing, not a single game gets the action and variety and excitement of the titan mode in 2142. I freaking just cant get enough of it. I really don't get why more people aren't hooked, but all I can think off is that you have to spend time with it get all the unlocks and then your just in for pure madness from every possible angle. not even the latest COD6: MW2 comes close in repeat gameplay.. I bought it.. finished the single player... trolled around multiplayer for a bit and got so bored of the repetitiveness and was so glad to be back on 2142.

I have to say DICE has a really special formula in this game. Podding is a very special thing, as it enables you to travel in a map in all axis in such a violent way that its just amazing when your gliding down onto your target after a massive climb from being blasted off an APC or a titan and you can get around quickly! and the jets are just incredible. vectored style thursting into crazy loops and positions, the shielding is great as well.As fictitious as it may be it all lends itself to a GREAT GAME EXPERIENCE. That whole mass of people that cant get off their close minded views and reject futuristic battle are like a pack of crusty dingleberries from the past. get a clue, nothing has beat this game and dice needs to step up to the plate and bring it once more! My huge wish right now is that BC2 and BF3 pave the way for 2143!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEAASEEE lol frostbite engine and 2142 must be unbelievable.

Comment

I think if we ever see a remake of 2142, it would be on a small scale like 1943. I love 2142 and starting to feel the itch to play again. Bring the patch on

Comment

Originally posted by otherside
                            Its amazing how I have bought every damn game for the past few years that's theoretically competition to BF2142, and nothing, not a single game gets the action and variety and excitement of the titan mode in 2142. I freaking just cant get enough of it. I really don't get why more people aren't hooked, but all I can think off is that you have to spend time with it get all the unlocks and then your just in for pure madness from every possible angle. not even the latest COD6: MW2 comes close in repeat gameplay.. I bought it.. finished the single player... trolled around multiplayer for a bit and got so bored of the repetitiveness and was so glad to be back on 2142.

I have to say DICE has a really special formula in this game. Podding is a very special thing, as it enables you to travel in a map in all axis in such a violent way that its just amazing when your gliding down onto your target after a massive climb from being blasted off an APC or a titan and you can get around quickly! and the jets are just incredible. vectored style thursting into crazy loops and positions, the shielding is great as well.As fictitious as it may be it all lends itself to a GREAT GAME EXPERIENCE. That whole mass of people that cant get off their close minded views and reject futuristic battle are like a pack of crusty dingleberries from the past. get a clue, nothing has beat this game and dice needs to step up to the plate and bring it once more! My huge wish right now is that BC2 and BF3 pave the way for 2143!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEAASEEE lol frostbite engine and 2142 must be unbelievable.
                            Yeah, exactly my thoughts. Played COD4-5-6 and never got the same feeling as with BF2142. I finished the single play of COD6 in just under 6 hours. The graphics are awesome and the game engine is fluid, but it more of the same, in fact I prefer COD4. The drone is nice, but BF2142 had it's tv missile already for long time. Neither of the COD's has the same attraction to me as BF2142, that's why I return to it, all the time.

Comment

I played the SP part of COD4 and it was fairly entertaining - not Crysis level entertaining but not bad. The MP parts were all kinds of 'meh'. Crysis Wars MP is 'meh' as well. Coming from a gaming veteran of nearly 30 years, All these games feel like Quake deathmatch but with better graphics. That was fun back in 1996 but things have moved on

I'd love to see 2143

Comment

Working...
                              X