Tournament Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Play?

I've been wondering whether BF:BC2 could work well for a tournament. Battlefield 2 worked well as it had big maps, lots of assets and 64 players meant there was scope for a lot of tactical play and co-ordination.

Although BC2 only has 32 players, the maps are pretty sizeable and the old-style squad system could still mean some decent co-ordination.

What do people think?

Re: Tournament Play?

There is plenty of potential for competitive play in this game. The base is there in the RCON settings and the dedicated servers, I think it now comes down to the actual gameplay.

Comment

It depends how customizable the unranked server settings are, if demo recording works, if the in game console has the features needed.

Comment

Some good points. BF2's Battle Recorder was very useful for making videos too, but I've played in tournament matches without it turned on, it depends if you expect much dispute over the end result or cheating I guess.

Will people still be interested in tournament play (as in, 2 sides fighting over a series of weekly battles in a campaign format) or are they mostly looking for clan matches and leagues?

Comment

Working...
        X