Demon's Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demon's Souls

Does any one have this game or played it? It got a 9.0 rating from Gamespot but it said it is extremely difficult.

Gamespot Review

Re: Demon's Souls

I had never heard of this until I watched Yahtzee's review the other day, no release here in Europe yet and most of the people that frequent this area of the forum are from around these parts, it does look interesting if the reviews keep getting better and better I might have to import it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
      I had never heard of this until I watched Yahtzee's review the other day, no release here in Europe yet and most of the people that frequent this area of the forum are from around these parts, it does look interesting if the reviews keep getting better and better I might have to import it.
      If you do then please come back and post your thoughts about the game.

Comment

Well, I don't know if you want to go there but there's a rage about the game on 4chan's /v/ section.
        They say: ''If you're a PS3 owner you NEED to have this game.'' That sparked my interest and yes, it's pretty hard and with every death the enemies get even harder!

It's really one of those old-school hardcore JRPGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Astley
          Well, I don't know if you want to go there but there's a rage about the game on 4chan's /v/ section.
          They say: ''If you're a PS3 owner you NEED to have this game.'' That sparked my interest and yes, it's pretty hard and with every death the enemies get even harder!

It's really one of those old-school hardcore JRPGs.
          So you have played it then Rick? If you had to choose between Dragon Age: Origins and Demon's Souls, which one would you pick?

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
            So you have played it then Rick? If you had to choose between Dragon Age: Origins and Demon's Souls, which one would you pick?
            I did play it, but I played it at a friend's and I never got the chance to get past the first level.
            What I do know is that the game is looooooooooong, VERY long and if I had to choose between Origins and Demon's Sould I would choose Demon's Souls just for the replay factor.

But it's one of those games that you have to play in the dark to get the fullest out of.
            If you always liked Japanese RPGs you should definately get Demon's Souls, but be careful you need ALOT of patience and persistence with this game.
            So if you like a more forgiving game and games like Oblivion, you should Origins.

Comment

The spirtual son of Demon's Souls (since Sony own the name and they're pusblished by Namco-Bandai now) and because it's not the sequel of Demon's Souls but a new game.

With an open world (not sandbox though), better coop, new upgrade system, armors/weapons/items etc.

One of the game I'm looking for in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis

The spirtual son of Demon's Souls (since Sony own the name and they're pusblished by Namco-Bandai now) and because it's not the sequel of Demon's Souls but a new game.

With an open world (not sandbox though), better coop, new upgrade system, armors/weapons/items etc.

One of the game I'm looking for in 2011.
                Yeah Demon's Souls Co-op is kind of lame.

Comment

Coop in Demon's Souls wasn't here to be played with a friend, it was just here to help you if you struggled against a boss, the game was mainly singleplayer. And it you look on some videos of coop the game is far to easy that way, you can troll 90% of the boss of the game with 2 friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjaHDu1R0xc
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgPGXNkjnbI

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                    Coop in Demon's Souls wasn't here to be played with a friend, it was just here to help you if you struggled against a boss, the game was mainly singleplayer. And it you look on some videos of coop the game is far to easy that way, you can troll 90% of the boss of the game with 2 friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgPGXNkjnbI
                    You know, you can scale difficulty with co-op to make it a challenge still...

Comment

Yes but it's not in Demon's Souls and for a reason : coop was just here to help you if you struggle with a boss, the game is not meant to be played with friends, it's a singleplayer game with some online feature.
                      Also imagine how easy it would be to kill invaders with two friends with mikes, as an invader you're alone vs 3 and you have the same power as one person, you couldn't even have a chance to win against 3 persons using good teamwork unless you're using glitches.

Comment

One of the trailer of Dark Souls :

The game is also on Xbox360 this time.

Comment

Working...
                        X