Gran Turismo 5 demo, it's Horrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gran Turismo 5 demo, it's Horrible

Has anyone played that Gran Turismo 5 time trial challenge? The graphics are simply horrible, it looks worse then Forza 2. Forza 3 has much better graphics then GT5, the interior looked nice but the car and the track where simply horrible looking. Is this what the game will really look like? The demo was only 200 megs but it only game with 1 car and a turned version and 1 track.

Re: Gran Turismo 5 demo, it's Horrible

Yeah I was mega disappointed with it, The shadows on the inside have some serious lack of AA. I was thinking it might be down to having such a small download size it is only like 200meg after all, lets hope it's not representative of the final game anyway.

Comment

How can this be a demo when they have the prologue out already?

Comment

Hmm .. Hows the Prologue?

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
          How can this be a demo when they have the prologue out already?
          It's basically a time trial thing they've released because of the GT Academy thing they're doing, but it does have demo in the title of the download IIRC.

Originally posted by [BFE]TA|Patton
          Hmm .. Hows the Prologue?
          I bought it when it came out but cant remember what it was like in that much detail, pretty sure the graphics were better and I fealt a better overall impression of what GT5 will be like than the one whe have now though.

Comment

If it looks that bad like in that GT5 time trial thing, Im just gonna buy Forza 3 on 360.

Comment

the demo is terrible i couldnt understand why the right stick is used for go and stop and not R2 L2

Comment

Originally posted by MrKLM
                the demo is terrible i couldnt understand why the right stick is used for go and stop and not R2 L2
                You can use X for go and Square for brake if you like but I hate that way so I use the stick. Yeah I don't get why they haven't adopted the R2/L2 method it works so much better than X and Square.

Comment

you can always reassign the buttons

given that Prologue is a lot better than this game in terms of visuals (although I don't judge purely on gfx, the driving was still fun) I don't think much effort was put into this demo especially give its 200mb etc etc

I could only manage a 1:55 so far on the normal car I always make one mistake that will always screw my lap up lol

Comment

If the final game looks like the demo Im not buying it, and ill just get Forza 3.

Comment

yall know that both GT5:P AND THE TIME TRIAL DEMO ARE NOT THE GT5 ENGINE!!!

it is NOTHING like it because its technically not the same game! the real one WILL look better, WILL perform better, and will kick *** in every way. notice the tiny *** file size guys....

Comment

Originally posted by Jblankster
                        yall know that both GT5:P AND THE TIME TRIAL DEMO ARE NOT THE GT5 ENGINE!!!

it is NOTHING like it because its technically not the same game! the real one WILL look better, WILL perform better, and will kick *** in every way. notice the tiny *** file size guys....
                        Exactly. I've watched some HD gameplay videos and the game looks fantastic.

I recognize your name Jblankster. I'm pretty sure I've played BF2 with you. I can't remember what clan you were in either. My in-game name was Drekin27 in BF2.

Comment

Working...
                        X