Screen overlay question from a SS I found [PIC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen overlay question from a SS I found [PIC]

Going through screen shots of a guy that been playing here for a bit and is pretty good. Found this and been noticing small 'odd' things about his game play lately...

Only occurs while flying. Not in helo or on ground.

Whats going on here?

Re: Screen overlay question from a SS I found [PIC]

Looks like the resolution might be messed up thus it catches the map too?

Just my assumption though..

Comment

You can do the same by setting your minimap to 100% transparency in bf2 options, then while flying by joystick open your map. The joystick is a separate input so your able to keep the map open and still control the plane.
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

A lot of times I fly with the map up, too. I press "G" (I changed it... I think default is M?) and the map comes up. Looks like he's set it to 100% transparent.

I reproduced it:

You can do it on the ground or in the helicopter, too. I guess he just finds it only useful while in the jet.

Comment

I was about to say that its the map set with 100% transparency. Tomeis did it first. While flying a jet it wont effect your controls if your using a joystick. Most people like me use K&M for helicopter tho. So having the map constantly up in a chopper is out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
            I was about to say that its the map set with 100% transparency. Tomeis did it first. While flying a jet it wont effect your controls if your using a joystick. Most people like me use K&M for helicopter tho. So having the map constantly up in a chopper is out of the question.
            Why is it out of the question for flying choppers? It's not as useful as when using jets because you're not going as fast and you usually have good visibility, but I don't see why it should be out of the question.

I use the K&M when flying jets and I always have the map up (at default 20% transparency) unless I'm going in for a dive bomb or dog fighting.

Comment

Doesn't it block your movements when the map is up?

Comment

Nope. I don't have to hold the button down to keep the map up.

Comment

Thanks guys I just couldn't see the real use. The half screen thing is what threw me off.

Comment

Working...
                  X