player movements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• player movements

i remember dice said they wanted to incorporate some of the player movements from mirror's edge into future BF games. are any of them in BC2?

run and slide (which was also in GRAW) for example would be nice to have. i found it pretty handy in GRAW.

Re: player movements

Originally posted by Minmaster
    i remember dice said they wanted to incorporate some of the player movements from mirror's edge into future BF games. are any of them in BC2?

run and slide (which was also in GRAW) for example would be nice to have. i found it pretty handy in GRAW.
    Not as far as I've noticed. Although it has been a while since I played Mirrors Edge. I'm not really sure how beneficial those sort of movement would be to be honest.

Some sort of jump over a wall into a prone position might be quite handy but seems as though prone isn't in the game the wall jump seems a bit pointless as you would basically leave yourself vulnerable while doing this action compared to just normally jumping over with your gun out.

The slide might be ok although it would probably turn into the new dolphin diving with people doing it all the time to avoid bullet fire.

Comment

that's true, knowing BF players it would be abused like hell. :laugh:

Comment

I don't know how that's possible since the games use different engines. UT3 and Frostbite.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
          I don't know how that's possible since the games use different engines. UT3 and Frostbite.
          They still built the movement system from the ground up on the UT3 engine, it should almost be easier with an engine they made themselves. But who knows. :laugh:

BFBC2 doesn't have any really special movement though... I guess that's up to our almighty saviour BF3

Comment

I'm waiting for them to incorporate being able to jump down, turn around and pick a bail of cotton.

Comment

Where did you hear that OP?

Would be nice to see those movements, but it would kind of takeaway from the fun. Everytime you want to jump or climb over something, you have to press a button. For some reason I see this as something annoying. In Cod, they have this, idk really what to think of it. I'm 50/50 on it. Would have to see if it would work for battlefield games.

Comment

Yeah, those fixed animations often bug me a lot, too.
                I don't have any gripes with the concept itself, but for 'realistic' games like these, these moves are often in there to make it look realistic or movie-like (see Gears of War), and not because it creates better gameplay.

The only time I am in favor of fixed animated actions like these is if normally jumping over a barrier would create a fundamental balance issue. 'But the soldier is climbing, he can't use his gun!!!' is not a reason.

Then again, I am in the 'if players are capable of doing something and it's not gamebreaking, it should remain in the game'. Pronespam, obviously, was ********. That was just an animation timing glitch that made the already quirky hitdetection outright fail. But the whole BF2 fiasco (can't shoot while jumping, can't strafe while running, can't reload while running, can't stand up one second after proning, etc...) is just plain wrong.

Comment

im not trying to get flamed here but i think they should just have the movement and shooting system like call of duty except minus the super accurate shooting while in mid-air kind of stuff.

Comment

I'd be happy with that, too, Field. For God's sake, I want some COD accuracy in a Battlefield title!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate556
                      I'd be happy with that, too, Field. For God's sake, I want some COD accuracy in a Battlefield title!
                      You mean shoot next to someones head and get a headshot kind of accuracy? Or maybe huge freaking hitboxes (I know the game doesn't use hitboxes) so that its so easy to hit someone.

Comment

as long as it isn't hold fire for kills CoD style lol

no Mirrors edge style movements, but the movements are very fluid when players move about they move around as you would expect a human to move

although I can't comment on how a person moves when they get sent 20 feet into the air from an explosion lol

Comment

the nice thing about shooting in (bf2142 anyways) is it requires a bit of precision and finesse and knowing proper burst fire compared to cod4 where you can more or less accurately spray a clip at something when you have your sights up

the problem with battlefield is its glitchyness with player movements combined with its at times funny hit registry, its a bad combo and makes me wonder if they are actually going to put out a game where these annoying things are dealt with

I dont see the problem these computer nerd programmers would have with giving the game nice fluid player movements and consistent hit registry similar to call of duty... while at the same time keeping the weapon mechanics at a level where it makes them interesting to shoot and have good burst fire and bullet spread characteristics.

i like the physics BF games have with bodies flying and flopping around and stuff but frankly if they pump out another game that has the same play mechanics problems i am not going to bother playing it

Comment

I LOL'd every time someone got shot in the latest video. They just snap over sideways 90 degrees when they die... Very Monty Python

Comment

Working...
                            X