Mod Tools, might just be coming back to MW2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Tools, might just be coming back to MW2

Looks like IW is considering bringing back mod tools and mod support for the hardcore PC gamers. This is good news for competitive gamers, or gamers that seek alternative play styles for the favorite MW2 game.
    After a string of disappointments, fans of Modern Warfare 2 on PC may be down, but a ray of hope has emerged on the horizon. Responding to a fan asking about mod tools for the game via his Twitter account, Infinity Ward spokesman Robert Bowling said, "there may be some Mod Tools news coming in the future, I'll pass it along once I have it."
    Link:
    Jpystiq Modern Warfare 2 PC mod tool news 'coming in the future

This however brings me to the question, of how exactly is IW planing on implementing MOD's into a game that doesn't support dedicated servers, and doesn't have an efficient way of distributing those mods.

Re: Mod Tools, might just be coming back to MW2

Yeah, I wonder how they will pull this off without having dedi's. Doesnt make much sense as of yet. Maybe this means dedi's are being brought back ... but doubtful

Comment

maybe pc iwnet servers getting switched to live? then dedis get brought back in... still tbh im not that fussed, 12-18 player is the max these maps can take, if there was a dedicated server I would be tempted to play on 50 player and it would suck.

Comment

Learn to hold back your temptations I guess.

In COD4, I knew the maps were good for like 6v6... So, I played in 12 man servers. Just because there were 28 man servers, didn't mean I was tempted to play in them x_x lol

Comment

The biggest I really liked to play on in CoD4 was about 20-24 players, and even that was only on certain maps. I guess some custom maps could handle more. But the CHOICE is what's important.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
            CHOICE is what's important.
            Completely agree with you.

Comment

Working...
            X