COD: Modern Warfare 2 Best Game of 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD: Modern Warfare 2 Best Game of 2009

Yes ladies and gentle folks, the people of Time have spoken and MW2 it is.

This is a game that sends a message: Video games have something intelligent to say about contemporary military conflicts. In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, you hop around the globe, chasing the front lines of globalized, asymmetrical combat, where not everybody wears uniforms, war isn't always declared, and the battlefield isn't clearly marked — battles rage through suburbs, airports and people's living rooms. There's tons of raw, riveting military action in Modern Warfare 2, but it's very much about how the game has changed: limiting civilian casualties and figuring out whom to fight and why are just as important as staying alive.
    Source

Re: COD: Modern Warfare 2 Best Game of 2009

eh the limiting civilian casualties part i didnt think you had to deal with too much maybe in the favela with that group of people and running through town in the beginning but thats it

Comment

And another victory for MW2, achieving another Best Game of the Year award and sweeping up 6 awards in total.

While Uncharted 2: Among Thieves got the top nod from Spike's annual Video Game Awards, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 managed to sweep a different video game ceremony just one day ahead of the VGAs.
      Source

Comment

This is a game that sends a message: Video games have something intelligent to say about contemporary military conflicts. In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, you hop around the globe, chasing the front lines of globalized, asymmetrical combat, where not everybody wears uniforms, war isn't always declared, and the battlefield isn't clearly marked — battles rage through suburbs, airports and people's living rooms. There's tons of raw, riveting military action in Modern Warfare 2, but it's very much about how the game has changed: limiting civilian casualties and figuring out whom to fight and why are just as important as staying alive.
        Really? I seriously cannot believe people are just eating this crap up.

Comment

Originally posted by Field
          eh the limiting civilian casualties part i didnt think you had to deal with too much maybe in the favela with that group of people and running through town in the beginning but thats it
          They were clearly talking about No Russian where the aim was to keep as many civies alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
            Really? I seriously cannot believe people are just eating this crap up.
            It's utter nonsense. So they added the option to kill civilians to the plot. It's not like this is even the first game where you had moral choices...

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
            They were clearly talking about No Russian where the aim was to keep as many civies alive.
            I don't recall that being part of the mission. I just remember pretending to be Russian terrorist with the option to kill civilians without penalty... until you get killed, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_

I don't recall that being part of the mission. I just remember pretending to be Russian terrorist with the option to kill civilians without penalty... until you get killed, of course.
              yeah i didnt want to look like an imposter in that level so i tried to do what the cool people were doing which was mowing down civilians with large LMGs

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                Sarkasm, and pretty damn good one, I might add.

Anyway, BRB, I need to throw up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  Sarkasm, and pretty damn good one, I might add.

Anyway, BRB, I need to throw up.
                  BRB, cutting my wrists.

Comment

I don't think MW2 should be Game of the Year. Especially looking at the MP portion.

Yes, Singleplayer was good but thats only a few hours out of your time. The game should mostly be judged by MP, and I can't imagine it winning a single award for IWNet.

Comment

The thing with these BGOTY awards is that they are based on hype or the one sided view of the game, such as xbox only. The fans rush to vote these things and they win.

I wouldn't put anymore stock in these awards as I would in the awards my truck has won.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Its a popularity vote, not a quality vote. Saying "Best" is misleading, replace the word "Best" with "Most Popular" and it makes more sense.

Comment

Yeah and Spike/VGA awards are any better. Anyways, not like anything better came out on the PC this year, the only competition for MW2 this year was Dragon Age, Borderlands and L4D2 and they were all very under whelming.

Comment

I received this very unbiased email from a cod 4 forums on saying how the awards went:

Before getting into today's newsletter, I must preface that I loathe award shows. Just in case you feel the need to ask, yes, loathe is the appropriate term. I'm willing to put those feelings on the back burner though as I'm sure you're interesting to check out how Modern Warfare 2 did at the Spike VGA's this year.

I have to tell you, it was a pretty lackluster year for the shooter we all love. They did win one award, Best Shooter, which of course was a given. Of course the one everyone was really paying attention to was Game of the Year. Unfortunately, the award ended up going to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Heads might be hung in disappointment, but IW and all the MW2 fans should be feeling good. MW2 was nominated for GOTY, Best Shooter, Studio of the Year, Best Original Score. So, MW2 might not have been a 'winner' the came close to winning more so than other titles.

I'm sure there are those who really take these kinds of things seriously and threw their night vision goggles from the MW2 Ultimate Edition at the TV once the GOTY announcement was shown. I say it's time to get over it, and move on. As long as you like the game that's all that matters. So wipe away your tears, and get back on MW2 to improve your shoddy K/D ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                              I received this very unbiased email from a cod 4 forums on saying how the awards went:
                              Is that for real???

Comment

Working...
                              X