Is the Javelin usefull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Javelin usefull?

I have been looking forward to getting the Javelin for a while, but now that I finally unlocked it I ended up replacing it with the AT-4 again. The original plan was to use it for ground attack, but the long lock-on time and minimum distance makes it useless in most map.

As for AA, it hits very hard but it also takes a long while from launch to impact, which could cost you your life.

Its a shame, because the explosion form the Javelin impact looks awesome and I really want to play around with it.
    Have any of you some tips for using the Javelin against infantry?

Re: Is the Javelin usefull?

Its mostly an AA weapon and is very powerful for that. I found that you can pick spots, even on great distances and fire it, but like you said the long time for a lock makes it tricky and can cost you.

Its fun to play with, but if you want a ground attack weapon, I think the javelin is last on that list.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I know people who use it really well, works great for Domination and games like it.

Comment

I just played a round on Sub Base where the Javelin was quite good. I guess you have to change launcher depending on the map you play. I suspect that Afghan and Wasteland also has Javelin Potential.

Comment

I have found it amazing on Skidrow to clear out opposite ends of the tunnel. Just lock on and it drops right over it! The Javelin is more a fun weapon than a really powerful one, but it can come up with epic results at times.

Comment

For AA I feel the stinger out does the javelin, I used to use the javelin a bit but i found it really slow and most of the time, ineffective. I have seen people use it for ground attacks where it works pretty well if it hits, but over all you cannot go past the Stinger as its lanuching speed is so much quicker.

Comment

I wish the stinger didnt require a lock on to fire thats my only beef with it.

Comment

its more of a wtfbbqlol weapon than an effective weapon.

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K3b6xg60TI[/media]

Comment

It's more of a fun-to-use weapon than an effective weapon. I find it easier to kill killstreaks with Stinger not just because it is MADE for AA but that you get 2 if you have Scavenger Pro. This makes it easy to take down all the killstreaks within a few seconds with the exception of the AC-130.

Anyways if you use the javelin for Anti-infantry, you got to really pick your spots, go for choke points, and learn to predict the enemies movements.

Comment

I thought you got 2 stingers regardless of scavenger pro?

Comment

yea u do. but i've come across situations when i only had 1 round for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                          BAAAhahaha.

Comment

The game is not balanced for killing killstreaks that are killing your team. He was taught a lesson in that principle, and should know better in the future. Or just quit.

Comment

Man that was funny, another reason the Stinger is better than the Javelin.

Comment

Working...
                              X