Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few questions

answer any or all of these if possible

1. how close do you need to be to people when killing them for it to count as a 'close range' kill towards getting ninja pro?

2. do you ever think the heartbeat sensor for the assault rifles is better to use than a dot sight, silencer or fmj? when would you use it?

3. do you think the combo of marathon, lightweight and commando is kind of goofy?

4. are you dissappointed with the ak47? do you think it not only performed better in cod4 but it also sounded better too?

5. on that note, do you think that the gun audio in cod4 is superior to the gun audio in this game in terms of how 'good' everything sounds?

6. if i have played 23h in 2 weeks (which i consider alot) and am lvl44 playing mostly team deathmatch, how is it that these people are running around at lvl70 and sometimes they are quite mediocre in terms of skill?

7. what killstreak reward setup do you normally go with? do you change it for different maps? right now with what i have unlocked i use UAV, pred missle, PaveLow.

8. have people figured some way to change thier max packets so it would more shots registering when shooting at enemies? or is the host/client system different where that kind of thing wouldnt be used? (i dont know networking)

9. do you think sniping is kind of underpowered or broken in this game? as of now i think i am 10x better off using an M16 for killing at long range than using ANY of the sniper rifles, no contest.

10. this is off topic a bit but everbody here SHOULD have steam so i was wondering steam doesnt have any in-game video recording like X-fire?

thanks

Re: a few questions

2. do you ever think the heartbeat sensor for the assault rifles is better to use than a dot sight, silencer or fmj? when would you use it?

I have the HBS equipped on my main classes, but it requires a gun with good iron sights (or bling). I use it on the SCAR-H and AUG-HBAR

3. do you think the combo of marathon, lightweight and commando is kind of goofy?
    Goofy? I looks silly, it like the game cant decide if it wants to be a realistic-looking shooter or something like TF2. Get rid of it.

6. if i have played 23h in 2 weeks (which i consider alot) and am lvl44 playing mostly team deathmatch, how is it that these people are running around at lvl70 and sometimes they are quite mediocre in terms of skill?

Level is a measure of time played, nothing more

7. what killstreak reward setup do you normally go with? do you change it for different maps? right now with what i have unlocked i use UAV, pred missle, PaveLow.

I cant be bothered to change it. Care package, Predator Missile and Harrier.

10. this is off topic a bit but everbody here SHOULD have steam so i was wondering steam doesnt have any in-game video recording like X-fire?

Not to my knowledge. I use FRAPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Field

1. how close do you need to be to people when killing them for it to count as a 'close range' kill towards getting ninja pro?

Heartbeat sensor is a gimmick. You can be just as effective by using sound and game sense, and you aren't required to stare at a small screen. FMJ is effective, and I don't see any need to use a sight when the default iron sights are very good.

Yup, same with akimbo 1887's.

4. are you dissappointed with the ak47? do you think it not only performed better in cod4 but it also sounded better too?

Most guns in CoD4 sounded/felt better. People complained that the 74u sounded like a toy gun, but more guns in MW2 do.

5. on that note, do you think that the gun audio in cod4 is superior to the gun audio in this game in terms of how 'good' everything sounds?

Most people just play a lot and in gametypes that help you rank up faster (HQ). Rank means nothing in CoD4 when you rank up so quickly, unlike BF2 where generally most higher ranked players were better than lower ranked players.

8. have people figured some way to change thier max packets so it would more shots registering when shooting at enemies? or is the host/client system different where that kind of thing wouldnt be used? (i dont know networking)

You could change it in your config when the game was released, but I'm not sure if they've fixed it or not.

9. do you think sniping is kind of underpowered or broken in this game? as of now i think i am 10x better off using an M16 for killing at long range than using ANY of the sniper rifles, no contest.

Same thing in Cod4 until promod/pam4 were released. If you use sleight of hand you'll zoom in faster, so it's still worth scoping if you're quick.

thanks
      boldz

Comment

Like Vreki said, it depends on the weapon. If the weapon has a good iron sight (m16, scar, acr, m4) then it can be useful but unless you use bling I would use a reddot/holographic sight.

Yeah this layout is way to overpowered. A bunch of duracell rabbits running around with swords.

I only used the AK in COD4 and so did most other people aswell. I think it is good that they made it a little less powerfull in MW2, it makes it so that you will see people using more different weapons. I still love the AK in MW2 though, I think it works great.

It is really easy to rank up. You don't need no skill to be lvl 70.

I use Predator, Harrier and Emergency Airdrop right now. I would switch it if I played TDM to, Harrier, Pavelow and Chopper Gunner.

IW are working hard so that we cannot change anything as far as the config goes. I think they completly locked the config down with a patch.

Why not just use X-Fire? It works fine with steam.

thanks
        ^^^^^^

Comment

I can relate to this in many ways. In MW2 you need to ignore the players rank. When i had just started playing (around rank 10/16) I was topping the leaderboards most rounds. Yes, I was a low rank but that didn't depict my skill. Now that I am prestige 1 rank 57, I feel my skill matches my rank and growing.
          In short, never underestimate a player. They could be better then you.

Comment

If you can get good at keeping aware of whats infront of you and not just the screen then it can be invaluable, however I personally prefer scopes/silencer/FMJ/Extended Mags.

Yes but it is both fun and real effective.

I just completed my AK challenges and although it took a while getting used to it compared to the other AR's, I found myself really liking it, but then the longer you use guns the better you get at them. The sound is a little odd but nice still.

Because a lot of people (me included) have played up to probably 8 times longer than you have, just remember though, rank has no meaning in this game.

Either Harrier -> Chopper Gunner -> Tac Nuke or Predator Missile -> Airstrike -> Harrier.
            If you are looking for high kill streaks I do not recommend the Pavelow as it is bugged and doesn't actually add to your kill list (only Pavelow's from care packages do atm).

I have used my Intervention quite a lot and have to say, on the BIG maps (Derail, Wasteland etc) the Snipers are the way to go, and I am really finding my rythem with the Bolt Rifle so i am going to say no they are still very good.

Steam does not.

thanks
            No probs! :thumbsup:
            Comment too short.

Comment

12. i heard some guy talking about how he was able to circumvent people using ninja pro by goofing with some 'loudness equalization' setting on his soundcard (didnt say what soundkard) and it made it so everything was the same volume....confirm? deny? dont know?

Comment

12. i heard some guy talking about how he was able to circumvent people using ninja pro by goofing with some 'loudness equalization' setting on his soundcard (didnt say what soundkard) and it made it so everything was the same volume....confirm? deny? dont know?
                I think you can probably edit the game files to make everything sound the same, since there is no sv_pure.

Comment

Why have these problems not occurred with other Cod games?

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                    Why have these problems not occurred with other Cod games?
                    Because PB could detect improper driver usage, and the game didn't allow players to customize their skins/sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
                      Because PB could detect improper driver usage, and the game didn't allow players to customize their skins/sounds.
                      Another reason we need PB.

Comment

i know i asked the same question in cod4 but why do we need to have these things in this game that give kill credit to players?:

sentry guns
                        attack helicopters
                        chopper gunner
                        STEALTH BOMBERS
                        AC-130 GUN-SHIP
                        TAKTICAL NOOK

Comment

i know i asked the same question in cod4 but why do we need to have these things in this game that give kill credit to players?:

sentry guns
                          attack helicopters
                          chopper gunner
                          STEALTH BOMBERS
                          AC-130 GUN-SHIP
                          TAKTICAL NOOK
                          Because it is MW2...?

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                            Because it is MW2...?
                            what does that mean