Question about prestige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about prestige

While i wait to make my decision on whether to go prestige or not, do the points accumulated at rank 70 count towards progress should i go prestige and start all over?

Re: Question about prestige

You need to start all over. The rank exp is the same but you need to get to 70 all over again.

Comment

no no i mean. i didn't go prestige yet but i'm still playing and i'm still getting points as a level 70 rank. are those points going to be awarded retroactively towards my progress when i do decide to go prestige?

basically, if i am going to go prestige eventually, maybe i should just do it now instead of waiting so the points i'm accumulating now actually count towards something.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
        no no i mean. i didn't go prestige yet but i'm still playing and i'm still getting points as a level 70 rank. are those points going to be awarded retroactively towards my progress when i do decide to go prestige?

basically, if i am going to go prestige eventually, maybe i should just do it now instead of waiting so the points i'm accumulating now actually count towards something.
        If you stay at rank 70 and say get 70000 points, they will not count if you went into prestige. It will still display the exp you have gotten, but will not count to your leveling up.

Comment

Short answer, no, if you can prestige any points you are getting are essentially not going towards anything. Remember to complete any challenges that you are close to finishing though. (for the titles and emblems)!

Comment

good point. i am actually about to finish off a FMJ challenge so imma finish that and then consider prestiging.

Comment

I reckon it is worth it. It is challenging starting over again with standard weapons, but it is a good chance to learn how to use them with different tactics and strategies.
              Though if you grow fond of you kit layout you may want to stay Lv70, but who doesn't want to silently say "look how good I am, no life, but good".

Comment

I'm going to prestige after I unlock the titles for most of the guns. Then I'm only going prestige to get the titles associated with it.

I've decided that's the only way I'm going to enjoy this game. It's not a serious FPS to me anymore. It's a game of Pokemon. I'm collecting the titles and emblems, the game itself is secondary. I don't even care if I win or lose anymore, or KDRs, or any of that. If it takes me a while to get Extended Mags on all of the rifles, so be it. If I have to use the F2000 for a few days to unlock everything, so be it.

Comment

lol pokemon. strange comparison but i do get how this game isn't as serious as say a BF game would feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    lol pokemon. strange comparison but i do get how this game isn't as serious as say a BF game would feel.
                    It's a card-collecting game. Gotta catch 'em all.

The reason I refuse to take it seriously is the severe lag/anti-lag effects, brightskins that VAC/IW can't/won't do anything about, hackers that run free for up to a month before needing to make a new junk Steam account and run their ******s again. Then there is the "balance." After using that excuse to remove lean, they should have expected some outrage when people with knives started lagaporting around the maps holding care package markers, and another huge portion of players sprint around with akimbo shotguns from shortly after the Civil War...

If I took this game seriously, there would be rage. So the metagame of title/emblem collecting has become my primary focus. Which means I'm going to prestige soon, but I'm still wasting a bunch of points on the first go-round while I unlock all of my titles that I've started.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                      I'm going to prestige after I unlock the titles for most of the guns. Then I'm only going prestige to get the titles associated with it.

I've decided that's the only way I'm going to enjoy this game. It's not a serious FPS to me anymore. It's a game of Pokemon. I'm collecting the titles and emblems, the game itself is secondary. I don't even care if I win or lose anymore, or KDRs, or any of that. If it takes me a while to get Extended Mags on all of the rifles, so be it. If I have to use the F2000 for a few days to unlock everything, so be it.
                      I understand what you are saying, I am taking the more serious approach. I want to compete within clans/tourneys. Titles for me are the secondary and the game is the first. Titles are more so the little "treats" you find along the way (sort of like in Pokemon with the rare candy's).
                      I have wanted a FPS I can really get into and for the time being that is MW2, I am hoping its popularity remains after BFBC2 comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                        If I have to use the F2000 for a few days to unlock everything, so be it.
                        I am dreading having to get this card :cry:

Comment

i just pushed the presite button and i m regreting doing it i have to say . It kinda sux not having your weapon of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
                            i just pushed the presite button and i m regreting doing it i have to say . It kinda sux not having your weapon of choice.
                            Don't worry, you can stop at rank 70 XD.
                            I have no regrets on it, I cannot wait till prestige 2!!!
                            I will keep going higher until I get bored.

Comment

Working...
                            X