X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think I've had enough

Originally posted by Chael
    What's your ingame name? That sounds like something I would do
    Same as my forum name, and the only time I played against you I had much the same experience as above only replace 'knife' with 'MK3A1 Jackhammer'. Actually bunnyhopping shotgunners were all the rage once the patch went live, since they could continue to bounce around and not lose any accuracy while all my bullets would simply dust off of their springy selves. Contrary to what it may seem, however, I have no problem with bunnyhoppers in this game, just the reg. Were my shots to actually reg more than dust it would be wabbit huntin' season.

Here's to hoping BC2 doesn't have the same frustrating problems.

Comment

BF2 is a game that you ease into.
      Back when I started playing, gameplay was a bit unbalanced but it was responsive and smooth. Then slowly, patches started 'fixing' things, up to the point where we are now.
      You can't shoot while jumping. You can't run + strafe diagonally. Prone and crouch are buggy as hell. Hit reg is now worse than ever. I could go on and on. The game is now more than five years old, 5+ patches later (I don't even know how many...) and it's still buggier than anything out today at launch.

Back then, these 'improvements' came gradually so I adjusted.
      Now, however, I've been spoiled by polished games. Responsive games. Games that don't spoil perfectly good gameplay so that bad players can get more kills and more 'realism'. (Quake2/3/live, UT2k4, etc)

Going back now, it's just horrible. If BF2 were to come out today in its current form but with better graphics, I wouldn't even buy it.

Shame But yeah, it was fun while it lasted
      Looking forward to BC2 and BF3.

Comment

I think I am going to reinstall bf1942 right now.

Last time I logon here was 2009 January...

Comment

I'm finally starting to get sick of it too. I have played a lot of IO this year but I'm just sick of the sh*tty hit reg and the lame weapons. Just today I was using an RPK. Had a guy 10 feet in front of me. Fire short burst. Nothing. He jumps in the air, slides sideways and before he hit the ground I was dead. I know he was actually on the ground but it didn't look that way.

Recently I went back and started playing COD4 again and realized how much better the guns and hit reg are in that game. The guns are just so much cooler. Unlike BF2 (it may be different for other people) when I zoom in my COD4 weapons at medium to long range they actually work. In BF2 if I zoom in I can't hit squat most of the time. Stay unzoomed and I can hit someone from train across the bridge towards gatehouse. That makes absolutely no sense to me. Plus I can't compete with some of these professional medic/twl guys. They just move too fast and are so accurate.

Comment

hahaha! DurhamBULL, I used to be one of those TWL guys. I loved the game when I could hop, jump and do cartwheels while shooting. I remember the first time I hopped up to a guy blazing away with a RPK and stabbed him in the face. OMG, I laughed so hard I couldn't play any more that night. I had to bow out in the middle of a match. Hahaha, aahhh, the good old days. But, things change. Now, I rarely play and never play competition. The times I have pubbed, I get my *** handed to me by the same guys I used to beatup on. I usually only play single player, but beating up on bots is just not the same. I'm looking for a game that will challenge my computer and maybe spark the same fun BF2 used to.

Comment

Hitting someone in this game is like playing poker....mostly luck.

Comment

also you know something's f'd up with a game when you get worse aim when you aim down the sight. when you can hit long range targets better firing from the hips, that speaks volumes for the game.

Comment

BF2 is still like new to me. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                    Same as my forum name, and the only time I played against you I had much the same experience as above only replace 'knife' with 'MK3A1 Jackhammer'. Actually bunnyhopping shotgunners were all the rage once the patch went live, since they could continue to bounce around and not lose any accuracy while all my bullets would simply dust off of their springy selves. Contrary to what it may seem, however, I have no problem with bunnyhoppers in this game, just the reg. Were my shots to actually reg more than dust it would be wabbit huntin' season.

Here's to hoping BC2 doesn't have the same frustrating problems.
                    Well that can't be true; I hate the jackhammer. Maybe a DAO-12? I'll look through my screenshots and see if I can find you

Comment

I tired to reinstall tonight but my disk is messed up. Oh well.

Comment

Well that can't be true; I hate the jackhammer. Maybe a DAO-12? I'll look through my screenshots and see if I can find you
                        I thought it was the Jackhammer but thinking back it had to have been the Remington. I know you were engineer because I remember the hat (and I remember it was on Tampa). Must have been the pump shotty then.

Chances are you wouldn't have a screenshot as it was likely just another mundane kill...you know, minus the person on the other end of the computer spending the next 15 seconds scaring his neigbours with cacophonous profanity.

Comment

Just reinstalled and tried to play.I was using the support kit and unloaded at least 40 rounds into someone and no go.They just went prone and killed me.This game is clearly broken for me.I wish i new how to fix it.Whenever i mention my crappy hitreg ingame nobody seems to know what I am talking about.I wish i was one of the lucky ones that had good hitreg.Uninstalling now.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                            I thought it was the Jackhammer but thinking back it had to have been the Remington. I know you were engineer because I remember the hat (and I remember it was on Tampa). Must have been the pump shotty then.

Chances are you wouldn't have a screenshot as it was likely just another mundane kill...you know, minus the person on the other end of the computer spending the next 15 seconds scaring his neigbours with cacophonous profanity.
                            Lol! Yeah if I was engi I had a pump for sure. We should give it another go, or maybe play on the same side (if I'm not too drunk). Where do you play?

Comment

Lol! Yeah if I was engi I had a pump for sure. We should give it another go, or maybe play on the same side (if I'm not too drunk). Where do you play?
                              Well I don't play anymore, but for the last few weeks I did play (right after 1.5 came out) I played on TTP.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrondot
                                Just reinstalled and tried to play.I was using the support kit and unloaded at least 40 rounds into someone and no go.They just went prone and killed me.This game is clearly broken for me.I wish i new how to fix it.Whenever i mention my crappy hitreg ingame nobody seems to know what I am talking about.I wish i was one of the lucky ones that had good hitreg.Uninstalling now.
                                I feel your pain. I was working on my 100 hours with support and it nearly drove me insane. I would encounter someone up close, blast away from 2 feet (while prone and unzoomed) only to be dropped by the other guy. You would think from 2 feet the LMG would win most battles but I guess not.

Odd thing, though. Once I got my 100 hours I thought I would never get 40 kills for the expert badge but I had a crazy round and ended up 57-11. I was hitting everything. That's the thing with BF2. One day you're a pro the next day you're average at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X