I think I've had enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I've had enough

Just can't play the game these days. Its's too long in the tooth, however I've had years of pleasure and good gaming (it will be missed).

I'll just wait for BF3. See ya all

Re: I think I've had enough

Know how you feel.BF2 and the mods POE and PR have given me much pleasure,but it is getting a bit moldy.Hopefully the BFBC2 pc beta comes out early next month.It has been way too long for us pc gamers to wait for a new BF title.

Comment

Oddly enough, I'm the complete opposite.

I'm extremely bored with newer games (MW2 being my primary example) and have started playing my old time favorites, including 1942 and BF2 .

Comment

You're done when you're done.

I thought I was going to move on once COD4 was released, but that ended up not being the case. BF2 is definitely showing its age, but that is by no means a bad thing in my book, as ultimately, its the core gameplay that determines the longevity of a title (i.e. Counter Strike)

Some people play games for a few months, others for years. All that matters in the end is that you enjoyed the experience. Come back for BF3!

Comment

1942 is still hella more fun than any other game. Hopefully BFBC2 and BF3 will fix it.

Comment

I just can't let go. I didn't play for months and have really lost the sharpness. I don't play competition or even much pubbing to speak of. But i like to play a round of single player. If fact, I play that just about daily. I thought Crysis would mark the end of BF2 to me, but not at all. Now, I think either BFBC2 or DirectX 11 might spark enough interest to move on. But even then, the glory days and years of fun and excitment, will not be forgotten and I'll always at least attempt to recaptured them.

Comment

Yup, I still havent put it down from the day I bought it, albeit playing mods avidly now rather than vanilla, nothing has come close really (apart from CoH) to being my main game.

Comment

One of the main reasons I stopped playing BF2 is that the hitreg is very annoying to me now.For the first 2 or 3 years it didn't bug me that much for some reason,but now I just can't seem to get past it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrondot
                  One of the main reasons I stopped playing BF2 is that the hitreg is very annoying to me now.For the first 2 or 3 years it didn't bug me that much for some reason,but now I just can't seem to get past it.
                  Same here. I can't tell if it was always this bad and I was just used to it or if the latest patch fouled it up, but the game is too frustrating for me to play when bullets don't register on what I'm shooting at, especially when other people in the server have no reg problems. As fun as the game can be, especially when playing with a good communicative team/squad, it's just way too irritating playing game after game while being the equivalent of an inflatable doll with a water pistol.

Comment

same here, i couldn't stand that and didn't even bother to install bf2 when i installed win7. i still play 2142 though, it doesn't really suffer from the hitreg problems of bf2 other than the occasional tank shell hits vs walkers not registering.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                      Same here. I can't tell if it was always this bad and I was just used to it or if the latest patch fouled it up, but the game is too frustrating for me to play when bullets don't register on what I'm shooting at, especially when other people in the server have no reg problems. As fun as the game can be, especially when playing with a good communicative team/squad, it's just way too irritating playing game after game while being the equivalent of an inflatable doll with a water pistol.
                      Hitreg definitely got 50% better with the 1.5 patch... Not only that but getting rid of insta-prone accuracy really help increase the games longevity, especially for me. You can really on your aim a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                        Hitreg definitely got 50% better with the 1.5 patch... Not only that but getting rid of insta-prone accuracy really help increase the games longevity, especially for me. You can really on your aim a lot more.
                        I know they improved the hitboxes with 1.5 so that they're more accurate to the model, but the reg, for me at least, is horrendous. Meaning, now instead of aiming ahead or behind the model to get dust, I can now aim at the model to get dust. And I wish it were a matter of relying on aim to kill someone, but when an AT soldier can see me, whip out his knife and start bunnyhopping straight at me, take an entire AK101 clip and not go down with me crouching in place and aiming down the sights, then proceed to knife me in the face after three hops (yes, he started out far enough away to require three jumps to reach me), it's a wonder I don't snap my disc in half.

To be fair, I haven't played in quite a while and my last experience was just a week or two after 1.5 was released so maybe it's better now that everything's been running 1.5 for a while, but like Minmaster after having installed Win7 I just CBA to reinstall BF2 knowing what awaits me there. :hmm:

Comment

Hitreg definitely got 50% better with the 1.5 patch... Not only that but getting rid of insta-prone accuracy really help increase the games longevity, especially for me.
                          The hitreg thing seems to be very player-specific. I've seen tons of posts debating back and forth on whether it is better now with 1.5, the same, or even worse. I can say personally, that my hits do seem to register a lot better now, tho I still get the "unload an entire clip and hit jack" issue on occasion. Whatever the individual experience, I think it's safe to say we're stuck with it as it is, so people either adapt and keep playing, or move on.

Less debatable IMO is the insta-prone fix that was introduced. This has made a HUGE improvement in the gameplay for the majority of the community. The only people I've witnessed complaining about that change are the ones that were totally dependant on the tactic/exploit for their effectiveness and/or scores. This fix, and the nerf of the J-10, are the absolute highlights of the 1.5 patch for me.

Comment

Hitreg is the same crap for me. You need to have exactly 30fps and 100 ping to hit targets like it is meant.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                              but when an AT soldier can see me, whip out his knife and start bunnyhopping straight at me, take an entire AK101 clip and not go down with me crouching in place and aiming down the sights, then proceed to knife me in the face
                              What's your ingame name? That sounds like something I would do

My dad and I get pretty tired of this game these days. It's always the same; drive to the flag, kill everyone, take the flag, move to the next, kill some more, go back to the previous flag because they already got it back, repeat. We get especially tired of all the petty rules like "Don't attack Docks/Refinery till the clock strikes 2:15".

The whole conquest game-mode is just... boring. I'd rather have a 64 player deathmatch where you only live once; but not many would play that, would they? I'd also prefer that servers not be allowed to kick anyone for anything other than hacking/glitching (not that I see a lot of that anyway). How I long for the days of games without a kick feature; no pansy-аss rules, and if someone came in with hacks everyone else would just go and turn theirs on and keep having fun. I guess people just take this crаp too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X