X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A New, Undetectable, Unbannable, Hack. -_-

Originally posted by the_eliminator
    i gather this cant be done on console?
    even more proof that it is not a console port right guis???

Comment

Originally posted by Piemaaan'
      Yet again, the only sensible post in an entire thread.
      Not really. All the other hacks that inject themselves have the ability to be detected, and other steam games that allow custom content give servers the ability to force sv_pure - IW has not implemented that system, meaning that the game is in fact worse than other games with custom content.

There's a big difference between allowing custom content and allowing custom content without any ability to regulate what content can be modified, or what servers (which there are none of in MW2) can force on or off.

Comment

Well, I wouldn't blame that on IW, I'd blame it on VAC the anti-cheat that should catch these things.

Comment

Originally posted by DarK'
          Well, I wouldn't blame that on IW, I'd blame it on VAC the anti-cheat that should catch these things.
          All the blame belongs to IW for this one because they are not doing anything to have VAC detect it. All the servers should default to pure files only to avoid this type of cheating.

Although this is just another thing to add to the list of reason why IW are (insert insults here), it does mean there is some modding possible, but allows people to cheat "legally".

I was actually thinking about buying this game for PC when it goes on sale for $20 or less, but the BS that keeps hitting the fan has just about put me off completely.

Comment

Originally posted by DarK'
            It's not VAC's fault at all ... it is IW's fault. It isn't about "Detecting it", as Kodakk said, this isn't a hack that injects itself in a game. This is just modified stock content.

VAC cannot do anything about it, even if they changed their policy to say that it is a bannable offense, they still can't do anything to detect it because Infinity-Ward did not use a "Purified" filter when creating the PC Version. (Only more proof that it is a console port). They are too gunhoe on the console sales, they completely forgot to make the game have "sv_pure" enabled by default so people cannot modify these files.

Without dedicated servers, as Kodakk said, no way to regulate, therefore, unless Infinity Ward makes a patch to stop it, people will still be able to use this hack.

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]TA|Patton
              It's not VAC's fault at all ... it is IW's fault. It isn't about "Detecting it", as Kodakk said, this isn't a hack that injects itself in a game. This is just modified stock content.

VAC cannot do anything about it, even if they changed their policy to say that it is a bannable offense, they still can't do anything to detect it because Infinity-Ward did not use a "Purified" filter when creating the PC Version. (Only more proof that it is a console port). They are too gunhoe on the console sales, they completely forgot to make the game have "sv_pure" enabled by default so people cannot modify these files.

Without dedicated servers, as Kodakk said, no way to regulate, therefore, unless Infinity Ward makes a patch to stop it, people will still be able to use this hack.
              This. It is not VAC's fault at all - it's IW's - anybody who doesn't understand that seriously needs to get a grip on exactly what is going on here.

Comment

So this is exactly the thing that sv_pure was made for -- and IW didn't implement it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                  So this is exactly the thing that sv_pure was made for -- and IW didn't implement it.
                  How could they implement it when all the code is a straight port from Xbox 360.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                    How could they implement it when all the code is a straight port from Xbox 360.
                    Same way they implemented custom stuff like mouse control and graphics settings.

Comment

Same way they implemented custom stuff like mouse control and graphics settings.
                      Lol true I forgot about that one.

Comment

+1, I lol'd quite a lot.

Comment

I have noticed an extreme jump in hackers on MW2... It seems that you can't get into any match witout some idiot hacker ruining it for everyone.

AND it's a vicious circle...... "He's hacking so screw that I'm gonna hack too.".... So now we are left with people playing MW2 with hackers.... I mean where else can you go and hack and not worry about getting caught because it's quite obvious that VAC is doing sweet **** all.

Comment

I've been doing a lot of watching people play that I think are hackers and they are just damn good. They know corners of the map, they know where to aim. When you think you are seeing a hackers, think about lag of the game, best example would be watch the kill cam. Same goes for when you think you where taken down by a single bullet, but the person is in actuality sprayed a good amount of bullets.

Comment

How is this really a hack? It does not improve your skill really.

As for removal of foliage and the blood, the blood is the most annoying thing ever and the removal of foliage improves fps.

i can see this not being allowed in comps and scrims but for general play? does not exactly seems like a hack

Comment

However, coupled with the fact that this game unallowed modding of any form, even to increase you FPS, this shouldnt be allowed.

Comment

Working...
                                X