X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New, Undetectable, Unbannable, Hack. -_-

Let the image speak for itself.

:shakehead:

So I read up about it from an undisclosed site. Basically, the hack comes with 3 things...

1) Players are Red.
    2) No Foliage
    3) No Blood on Screen when Injured

Now, this is exactly why we need Dedicated Servers! PB Screenshots would easily show this, and people would get PB Banned. As well, server administrators could set the server to where the files need to be "pure" in order to be allowed to connect.

Pure? Well, this "hack" isn't like every other hack that 'injects' itself into the game. No, this hack simply modifies the player skin textures to all red, the foliage to all transparent/nothing ... same with the blood on the screen. It's all in the .iwd files that currently DO NOT need to be pure to play.

Soo, you'd think VAC could ban for this? No.

Server purity and game file integrity are currently disregarded in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 with the exception of VAC scanning memory whilst playing. This is what allows custom textures to be used unlike previous Call of Duty games. According to the Steam Support website, “using custom skins, sounds or maps” will not trigger a VAC ban.
    Also note this, you know there are Perks so the footsteps are louder? People are now customizing the sound files to increase their noise level ... Instant Perk, without using the Perk. :dead: .. Again, not a bannable offense according to VAC policy.

These are gaps in both Infinity Ward and VAC's system of "Hack Free" that let people do these "Mods" and be considered clean.

Now, The blatant aimbotters are what pisses me off, but whose to say someone isn't killing you from across the map not because they actually see YOU, but because YOU are Red, Purple, Green...etc:|:

I'm kinda raged, so this is my rant.

Goodday! ...

IW Must Die :salute:

Re: A New, Undetectable, Unbannable, Hack. -_-

Hahahaha.

Well, people did it in CS:S (custom skins/sounds to gain an advantage) and now it's legitimate in MW2 as well. Nice work IW.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
      Hahahaha.

Well, people did it in CS:S (custom skins/sounds to gain an advantage) and now it's legitimate in MW2 as well. Nice work IW.
      Skins were illegal in competition, but well... you know...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
        Skins were illegal in competition, but well... you know...
        Well yeah, in competition, but I was referring to all of the pubbers who significantly modified their game (whether or not they also used hack programs is another story).

This can be avoided in competition by requiring players to take ingame screenshots and using an ingame recorder (the tournament I admin is using WeGame) to prove that no cheats are being used - but there's nothing that can be done about this in public play.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
          Well yeah, in competition, but I was referring to all of the pubbers who significantly modified their game (whether or not they also used hack programs is another story).

This can be avoided in competition by requiring players to take ingame screenshots and using an ingame recorder (the tournament I admin is using WeGame) to prove that no cheats are being used - but there's nothing that can be done about this in public play.
          Yea thats how most leagues were run. Just had to take screenshots and record demos.

Comment

Do many people use this hack?

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
              Do many people use this hack?
              No way to know. :hmm:

Comment

I've heard about this sort of thing in TF2. People have tried making invisible spies visible by using certain skins, but apparently invisible spies don't have skins in the first place so it didn't work. But I've heard of successful attempts at changing the de-cloak sounds to more obvious sounds.

No one has every gotten banned via VAC for this sort of thing in TF2. Too bad VAC doesn't offer a feature like PB does with its screenshots.

Comment

No console commands or fov tweaks, but modifying your textures is a-ok! :thumbsup:

It's not even a hack, it's a tweak. It should be easy to stop, but VAC/IW chooses not to. Would it possible for IW to make this bannable, or is their policy set in stone? You wouldn't even need server admins or PBSSs to stop it, just check if the client files are unmodified.

The following will not trigger a VAC ban:
                  * Using custom skins, sounds or maps

Comment

How could anyone think that modded skins and sounds should be allowed in a game like this?
                    I mean, its not like they want to allow proper custom content

Comment

Custom skins and content is alright personally, but IW are jackasses and haven't done anything to disallow skins that give too much of an unfair advantage. No sv_pure or anything either ^^

Comment

Every game has undetectable hacks. I don`t see what is so special about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adcannon
                          Every game has undetectable hacks. I don`t see what is so special about this one.
                          Yet again, the only sensible post in an entire thread.

Comment

IW just needs to make the .iwd and .iwi files read only, and unmodifiable with a new patch.

And voila, cham skin cheaters will be SOL.

Comment

I gather this cant be done on console?

Comment

Working...
                              X