• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ATI 4870 with BF2142

Really It drives me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
      Patch 1.5 has added full Windows 7 support and Punkbuster now officially supports it as well.

There are no issues any more and it's common knowledge that Windows 7 is a faster gaming platform
      It's only a faster gaming platform for games that can take advantage of more ram, and other stuff that BF2142 and BF2 can not.

For the games I play, I would get no advantage from using Windows 7.

Also, I like the look and feel of XP, so I'm hardly going to junk that without good reason am I.
      :|:

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
        There are no issues any more and it's common knowledge that Windows 7 is a faster gaming platform
        Maaaan, I cannot wait till I get mine on Sunday/Monday.
        Is it a noticeable difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Forces(UK)
          It's only a faster gaming platform for games that can take advantage of more ram, and other stuff that BF2142 and BF2 can not.

For the games I play, I would get no advantage from using Windows 7.

Also, I like the look and feel of XP, so I'm hardly going to junk that without good reason am I.
          :|:
          You are so wrong, Windows 7 is just like XP except that it comes without the bloatware that XP had runs faster, uses less resources. I have yet to see a game that uses more then 3.25 GB of RAM...

Comment

Yup, it has a much more efficient driver system and general resource improvements which means it runs games a lot quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
              You are so wrong, Windows 7 is just like XP except that it comes without the bloatware that XP had runs faster, uses less resources. I have yet to see a game that uses more then 3.25 GB of RAM...
              Of course you are yet to see a game using more than 3.25 GB, because 32-bit limit per one program is 2.00 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by =98=
                a lot quicker.
                AHAHAH.

I dispute this.

Where are your figures?

Comment

It matters not which OS you run on. Games performance differences will be negligible.

There seems to be a lot of ******** going around about Windows 7 being much faster than Vista, much faster than XP etc etc. In real world usage you won't notice a difference. Still it is a good OS and I have been using it for nearly a year now with no problems.

Comment

in any case, 2142 is not the game to run trying to compare win7 and xp. 2142 isn't stable on neither platforms. i still get crashes on win7, albeit it's nothing compared to vista. even on xp i did get a lot of crashes and a lot of them were due to my x-fi card not playing nicely with the game (and yes, 2142 was "made" for x-fi :laugh.

Comment

Hey Windows 7 + BF2142 looks so much fun... http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-start-up.html

Comment

Originally posted by Forces(UK)
                        Hey Windows 7 + BF2142 looks so much fun... http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-start-up.html
                        That has absolutely nothing to do with W7 and he got it to work anyway.

Not getting W7 now would be foolish if you're getting a new system. You could always argue whether or not it runs BF2142 better (not worse at least), but it will run newer games better and will be supported for many years ahead unlike XP.

Comment

Well, I'm too old to get into any new games. I plan to just keep having the occasional game of BF2142 between now and when I'm a granddad. :Banane37:

Comment

Working...
                          X