Beware of zoom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of zoom

I just noticed this while playing. Look at the crosshairs in the first picture. Can you see the red corner-thingy above and to the left?

Well now you cant anymore! Exactly same position, just looking through the Iron Sights. But now an insta-bush has grown up and obscured the corner. enough to get you killed in a long range fight.
    So be carefull with looking through the sights before you have located your prey.

Re: Beware of zoom

Wow I knew the view changed but I didn't think that much.
    It isn't surprising though because if you were to look down the sigh of a gun your view would change from what it was previously.

Comment

Its hard to see in the static screenshots, but its not just because you couldnt see the bush before due to lack of zoom. It simply wasnt there before the sight was brought up.

I guess that it was at the limit of some draw distance in the game engine, and when I zoomed in it came within range and was suddenly drawn.

That makes me wonder if there is a signinficant advantage to running the game with low settings?
      I have been meaning to make a comparsion, but havent gotten around to it yet.

Comment

This reminds me of the CoD:4 map Creek. Same thing would happen and if you lowered all your settings then a lot of things would not be seen.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I don't get that, my PC has real specs :>

Comment

That has nothing to do with specs, the game is running with high settings.

Comment

Isn`t it like this in almost all games, FPSs especially?

Comment

Originally posted by L3adcannon
                Isn`t it like this in almost all games, FPSs especially?
                Yes. Something about how video cards draw and render certain objects at specific distances.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

This is valid for MW1 too.The game doesn't render objects that are far away, makes life for the sniper VERY VERY easy.

Once you zoom in, it's almost as though the game places your physical position to be being there, hence rendering the object.

Comment

Working...
                  X