The Blast Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blast Shield

Perhaps it's just me, but I rarely see anyone donning this equipment item nowadays.

From the one instance that I have used it, I actually found it keeping me alive from nearby grenades, which allowed me to, though slowly, get back up and continue fighting afterwards.

What do you guys think? Is this a worthy piece of equipment to be used, despite blocking your view of the map? Or is it more sensible to be using other equipment items instead?

As a last note, from what I've heard, you can survive a Semtex stuck to you while using the Blast Shield. That kind of resistance is pretty awesome, in my opinion.

Re: The Blast Shield

I tried it with a riot shield, but i missed being able to suprise people with a throwing knife.

Did help a bit with grenades though.

Comment

I used if for a while togehter with the Riot Shield, but I found that the situations where it saved me where rare.
      Grenades or mines will see more use.

And being the only one without minmap also hurts.

Comment

I used it a few days ago to get some Titles from the challenges and it is very useful. Just use it on one of your favorite assault rifle or SMG kits and play on a mode that has an objective. That day I used it I got A LOT of Demolition plants and a big win streak from that also. 1 Grenade, 1 Claymore, or 1 GL won't kill you if you are not currently recovering from some damage.

Comment

If you use it at the right time it can be very helpful, still getting challenges with it, but what I do is use it when an explosion is about to go off near me (semtex, claymores, when I see a c4 thrown, grenades etc), it can be the difference between life and death.

However I feel a grenade would be more useful, I still like it.

Comment

I used it in the beginning and I found that it rarely helped protect me. It would shield me from splash damage, but anything close or direct or from behind would still kill me. I even had a claymore kill me with it on.

Maybe they increased its strength with a patch. Because of that, I quit using it and went to other items instead.

I also think losing your mini-map, peripheral vision, and equipment slot is a bit much for the item that doesn't always protect you. Especially since you lose nothing using a grenade launcher attachment.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Blast Shield = free points.

Couple of tricks, you can bump a throwing knife to make it fly further. Don't know if this is a glitch or not. Throw the knife and do a melee with the shield Also for every amount of damage the shield absorbs that is equal to the amount that would kill a player you get 50 points. I've set up in tight corridors before with a claymore to cover my rear and get about 150 per encounter. Using light weight to gain more speed when a person reloads to kill them with a melee while they reload.

Riot Shield
              G18 (what I had available and personal choice)
              Claymore (protect your rear in tight places)
              Stun (personal choice)

Scavenge (get a new claymore for EVERY kill)
              Lightweight (quicker movement, attack when opponent is reloading)
              Scrambler (this ones up to you, choose it for the same reason as Stun, be warned this can actually give you away because you know if your radar is going fuzzy someone is there)

EDIT: Sorry medicated today, misread!

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                Blast Shield = free points.

Throw the knife and do a melee with the shield
                How do you melee with the Blast Shield? A headbutt?

Comment

hmm you can't equip shield and knife at the same time...

Comment

He was talking about a Riot Shield, which is not the same obviously.

It seems many people don't even know about or use the Blast Shield at all...

Comment

i didn't even know at first that you have to activate it. i thought just choosing it as equipment meant you were always wearing it. it's a fun little equipment and i didn't mind the cutting off of peripheral vision too much.

Comment

I used this a few times, but i seemed to get lazy when putting it on so I just left it off while I would encounter grenade situations.
                        For the times I do remember using it, it did help in lowering the damage of the grenades so that was a plus, however I do not like the loss of sight so I haven't really used it often.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                          i didn't even know at first that you have to activate it. i thought just choosing it as equipment meant you were always wearing it. it's a fun little equipment and i didn't mind the cutting off of peripheral vision too much.
                          Yeah, I found out how to put in on entirely by accident. I went to throw a grenade into a room, forgot I had the Blast Shield on, and it dropped into place like a welder's mask.

Comment

Does your soldier then get the mask on their head or can't other players see it?

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                              Does your soldier then get the mask on their head or can't other players see it?
                              Others can't see it.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X