Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Company 2 have bullets through walls through walls through wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Company 2 have bullets through walls through walls through wall?

I have never played the previous one and I don't think I missed much seeing how the review went. Anywho I hear that BC 2 is also taking many ideas from COD and that's a good thing. If there is anything I do not like it is that you can shoot through multiple walls... I know that the middle eastern have crappy material to build their homes with and even if it is realistic, don't have it please! I can't even trust a wall to hide behind anymore! >

Re: Bad Company 2 have bullets through walls through walls through wall?

.@gibonez Small arms will penetrate wood and thin metal, except for shotgun pellets. Brick you'll need something explosive to take down.

Comment

bullets through walls won't be a big issue once you consider we'll be getting rockets and tank shells that will destroy them.

Comment

OMFG COD4 brought absolutely nothing new to the table, bullet penetration has been in FPS games for quite some time now. The only thing that COD4 had that was unique, was customizable weapon camouflage, which is pretty useless anyway.

Comment

CoD4 did it well, hope BC2 does it the same.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adcannon
            CoD4 did it well, hope BC2 does it the same.
            It does it pretty well from what I have played.

Bullets go through thin materials like wood fences, bushes, and the like. They are stopped by stone walls, steel, and rocks and the like. Basically if you think it should penetrate something it probably will and vice versa. There is a definte difference between concealment and cover in BC2.

The physics are well done enough to have more complex effects as well. For instance if you shoot a tank round at a fence it will not only destroy the fence but continue on through and explode only win hitting a hard target, like another tank. This being unlike BF2 where even the few destructible targets, like a stop sign, would stop and detonate a 120 mm tank round if hit.

Comment

Good luck getting rifle bullets through a wall in BC2 lol

a door perhaps or wood but nothing like concrete or brick, you need to blow that stuff away, not sure if there are any particularly thin walls that the bullets might go through

there are areas with corrugated metal that the bullets will go through, but otherwise it all behaves as you would expect it to

Comment

You know penetration is even present, though not as much as it could be with modifications, in BF2...

Comment

I think she means penetration, not micro destruction?

Comment

penetration. :eyebrows:

Originally posted by Deesies
                    I believe everyone has been talking about both?

Comment

Actually Afghan (just as an example) mud walls are extremely resilient. They will protects you from a blast much better than a brick wall believe it or not. Their weakness however is kinetic energy... In the form of high calibre rounds. But even at that It will take a fair few .50 cal Browning rounds to punch through. But then... Even a brick wall can't stand up to that.

Nonetheless I agree that you should only be able to shoot through 1 wall X with any weapon capable of shooting through wall X.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies
                        Thats what she said. Ahem.

But yeah, I am talking about penetration, not destruction. It does exist in BF2.

Comment

Working...
                        X