Destruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destruction

Well folks, we're now entering a new age. The age where you can't hide behind stuff and expect to make it anymore.

This is going to have a huge impact on gameplay. One of those big innovations was Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare's ability to shoot through walls. I'm not sure if games before that allowed it, but I think COD4 really made a standard.

Then games like Bad Company came out and you could destroy walls and stuff.

In Battlefield Bad Company 2, you can level entire buildings. Some things aren't destructible which need to be. The fact you can make your own entry point in a building you need to plant a bomb, or how you can blow away the structures holding a building up and have it crush the enemy alive is just changing the world of FPS gaming.

Here's a little example in a clip I'm sure we've all seen.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kS6kfbX3_w[/media]

I just have to say this is amazing! The way the characters move, the way the guns handle, the way the enemy screams stuff and it almost seems they have emotions at times is simply breathtaking!

I do have a few questions though, can you level all the buildings? Or can you only blow up the walls on some and the metal structure or the 4 corners still hold it up? Especially the building the bomb is in!

Anyway, this is the destruction thread, so post it to death with questions and answers you've wanted to ask!

...ready?

k GO!

Re: Destruction

it is quite cool, both dishing out the destruction and being on the receiving end

CS 1.6 and before was all about wallbanging (shooting through walls)

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
      CS 1.6 and before was all about wallbanging (shooting through walls)
      Shooting the vent in cs_tunnel. No one ever got through there lol

But, not all buildings can be destroyed fully. Only those that are an objective.

Comment

nah It isn't just the objective buildings that can get flattened, they just always get flattened because its typically beneficial to lay as many high explosive rounds into them as possible lol

sometimes if a pesky squad is hanging around a building it will get leveled

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
          Well folks, we're now entering a new age. The age where you can't hide behind stuff and expect to make it anymore.
          Where have you been??? We've had this since BC1 came out almost 2 years ago!

I do have a few questions though, can you level all the buildings? Or can you only blow up the walls on some and the metal structure or the 4 corners still hold it up? Especially the building the bomb is in!
          Brick buildings such as the objective buildings on on rush mode can be completely taken down although you have to take out certain parts of the building before it falls (Upstairs and downstairs I think).

There are some buildings which can't be taken down though. On Arica harbour (The beta map) there are some open sided buildings with metal frames which can't be taken down.

Comment

BC1 was for the Xbox.

Comment

and the PS3. Also 1943 had destructable environments and was on both consoles as well.

Comment

Technically you couldn't safely hide behind stuff in BF2142 either because after about 5 seconds you'd have a million billion PK rockets exploding next to your face.

Comment

You guys get the point, don't go finding loopholes for no reason.

Comment

You guys get the point, don't go finding loopholes for no reason.
                    But we do have a reason for finding loopholes. Unless being a smartass isn't considered a 'reason'.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                      But we do have a reason for finding loopholes. Unless being a smartass isn't considered a 'reason'.
                      :laugh:

Comment

I can't wait to get a squad of friends together and infiltrate a building full of enemies by one of us putting C4 on the wall, ducking and *bam* pile in check your corners and double tap.

Comment

We will see people just avoiding buildings, if its too easy to destroy them.

Comment

Then they'll get sniped in the middle of a no-man's land.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                              We will see people just avoiding buildings, if its too easy to destroy them.
                              Its not too easy to destroy them although it can be annoying when a team mate doesn't bother looking at the minimap and blows up the building your in with a tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X