BF2 "The Server Has Refused Your Connection"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 "The Server Has Refused Your Connection"

So this is my issue. Since I have moved onto campus all we have to connect to the internet is wireless internet which fails most of the time here. Well before I had Windows 7 I had windows vista and we all know the wireless issues that Vista had. Every time I try to connect to bf2 I got this error “The server has refused your connection” Well I gave up on trying to figure it out when I could not get my Wii or Xbox 360 online. Well when Windows 7 came out and I did a new install BF2 started to working again and I was able to connect to the internet unlike before. So I played for a couple days until I had to do a system restore on my PC (My PC was on and we lost power) and it screwed it up. So I uninstalled BF2 and its files. When I installed bf2 again today I started to get the same error again and I have been unable to log on. Im going to snap. Do you think if I did a fresh install of Windows 7 it might work again? It was working perfect 2 days ago and now it wont even connect to the EA Server. Same with BF2142. It hangs at “Connecting to EA Master Server.” All of my steam games work find which is odd. How can steam work but my BF games or anything other game doesn’t. I’m going to lose it. I can’t even use anything I have on this campus. I just want to play bf2 but I keep getting that error. I’m trying to contact IT but they are always unable to help. Speaking of which our network is down again as I type this on word. My Wii sees the network but my PC doesn’t. So what do you think I should do?

Re: BF2 "The Server Has Refused Your Connection"

I bet you the campus ISP locks down certain ports and traffic at peak times. In the same way they might block or slow down P2P traffic until off peak.

That might explain the on and off nature of the problem.

Comment

Re: BF2 "The Server Has Refused Your Connection"

so i guess ill wait a little later before i do anything like reinstall my OS then.

Comment

Working...
      X