BF:H effectively changed to pay-to-play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF:H effectively changed to pay-to-play

I havent been playing for a while, but I just vent by the forum for a quick check of the games status.
    And what do I see? EA has changed the pricing so the price of weapons for one day now equals what you can earn in about 5 hours gameplay.

So if you want anything by the default weapons you more or less have to buy Battlefunds.
    "Not paying for an advantage". Yeah, right.
    I didnt bother to start the game after reading that, but you can read about here:

As a regular player of the game, I've had some kind things to say about Battlefield Heroes. As an online game, however, things can change at the drop of a hat. And EA just dropped the hat.

Re: BF:H effectively changed to pay-to-play

So much for EA/DICE caring about PC gamers.
    Just think they finally had a chance to gain back ticked off customers and they pull a stunt like this just to make quick buck.

Comment

is the game still in the beta?

Comment

I played the game for and hour and haven't played it since. I played combat arms alot more than I did Heroes.

Comment

I've played it a fair bit. Great game with a unique concept, until this update.

Sad to see EA/DICE go this far... I can't be bothered explaining everything in detail, but basically the prices for items that you earn by normal playing increased by 2100%, making it possible to use 1 alternative weapon all the time if you finish 60 games every day. They've also started to sell weapons for real money that are clearly better than those that can be earned ingame. ********.

Comment

i'd be upset only if i cared about this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
              is the game still in the beta?
              It hasnt been in Beta for a long time, at least not in the way a Software Developer would define it.
              EAs defintion of Beta seem to be that they cant be held responible for anything as longs as they cling to that term.

Originally posted by Minmaster
              i'd be upset only if i cared about this game.
              I hope you dont care for Battlefield games at all then. Lets look at recent history:
              BF2142: Blatantly placed ingame ads. "All ads will be carefully made to fit into the game seamlessly". That was a lie.
              BF:H: Funded by Microtransactions. " You will never need to spend money to stay competive". That was a lie.

Comment

What's all the fuss about? Without paying you could only run naked in the game basically. And play only with crappy default weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi
                  What's all the fuss about? Without paying you could only run naked in the game basically. And play only with crappy default weapons.
                  That's where you are wrong! You could get ALL weapons without paying before the prices changed. Even if you played only now and then, you would earn enough VP points to get yourself some new gear. There were even clothes you could get without paying for really determined players. You could buy weapons, but that would only stop the need to "rent it" and use vp points for it. All weapons were available for all players.

Now, they've released better weapons (upgrades essentially) for pay only which breaks the game balance, and all the other weapons that were before (sidegrades mainly) are impossible to get unless you're satisfied with about 3 days of a month worth of play.

The devs have to get money, but there are many better ways to do so... I'm pretty pissed to be honest and I didn't even play the game that much...

Comment

has anyone bothered to ask dice what's up with the changes? they do answer a lot of questions on their twitter pages.

Comment

Other micro transaction games did it, it gave those that payed for items a huge advantage and made the game not fun. Someone in good gear, could take you down just because they had +50 armor or health.

Comment

Does anyone really care? It is BF: Hereos, after all...

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                          Does anyone really care? It is BF: Hereos, after all...
                          I care... kinda. It was pretty fun and I'd jump into it now and then.

Comment

It was a fun game to play every now and then, but with these changes, I wouldn't be surprised if they drove the game into the ground.

I mean, they still haven't "finished" the game...there are only 4-5 maps, no promised meta game...Only a handful of outfits.

and they expect us to support it? :laugh:

If it wasn't for DICE, I would never buy any EA games. Been ripped off too many times. The in-game ads in BF2142 weren't terrible...but they could have been formatted better (to fit with the game). I just hope this blatant concern for their bottom line doesn't become more obvious...

Comment

shame, I was looking forward to this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X