Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield BC2/1943 minimum requierments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield BC2/1943 minimum requierments.

We now know the minimum requirements for the upcoming Battlefield titles, we can speculate no more. Gordon Van Dyke has posted, the minimum specs for Battlefield bad Company 2 ,and Battlefield 1943. This is good for those of us in the PC gaming community that have been contemplating, to weather or not they need to upgrade their computers to be able to play the new Battlefield installments.

Originally posted by GVD
    A lot of you have been asking for the minimum hardware specs to run Frostbite games, more specifically for Battlefield Bad Company 2 & Battlefield 1943's minimum requirements, and today is the lucky day. Below, you likely skipped ahead and read them already, are the minimum and recommended hardware specs for running BFBC 2 and BF1943.

Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
    Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
    Main memory: 2GB
    Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
    Graphics memory: 256MB
    Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
    10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
    Processor: Quadcore
    Main memory: 2GB
    Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
    Graphics memory: 512MB

So after reading this some of you might feel the need to update your list to Santa Claus or celebrating the power of your PC and e-manhood. Either way we hope this helps you prepare for the release of these epic Battlefield games! Now reserve here so you're ready! :-)

Love Always,

GvD
    Source: Battlefield Blog

Re: Battlefield BC2/1943 minimum requierments.

Anyone notice the game sizes and they list a disc version for BF1943?

I've heard absolutely no mention of plans to offer a hardcopy version of BF1943...this is the first time I've ever seen it mentioned and if i recall correctly it was stated BF1943 would be 500 mb and strictly download only......could DICE be saving a surprise for us and giving us a full game or are these leaked specs just a load of BS? and if it is going to be a full game i wonder if that $15 price tag will rise? and how can they do that is so since people have already preordered it....mines already paid for........

Comment

They said they hope to package it with BC2.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
        They said they hope to package it with BC2.
        So if they package it with Bad Company 2 what happens to all the people that already paid for it through preorders at the EA store? this could turn into a big mess.........

Comment

I suspect, like BF2, there will be a deluxe version and a standard version. The deluxe version I imagine would only be released after BC2 is released to help prevent problems.

Comment

I think your confusing BF1943 with Battlefield Heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
              So if they package it with Bad Company 2 what happens to all the people that already paid for it through preorders at the EA store? this could turn into a big mess.........
              You'll get it for like 5 bucks extra price i think, a different bundle edition.

Comment

Would be cool if it comes with BC2 =)

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power

Anyone notice the game sizes and they list a disc version for BF1943?

I've heard absolutely no mention of plans to offer a hardcopy version of BF1943...this is the first time I've ever seen it mentioned and if i recall correctly it was stated BF1943 would be 500 mb and strictly download only......could DICE be saving a surprise for us and giving us a full game or are these leaked specs just a load of BS? and if it is going to be a full game i wonder if that $15 price tag will rise? and how can they do that is so since people have already preordered it....mines already paid for........
                  I think that was only for the console versions

Comment

yea the whole HD capacity requirment makes no sense to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      yea the whole HD capacity requirment makes no sense to me...
                      Disc format would have a lower HDD requirement because some necessary data would be read from the DVD when you play it (as well as the install files), instead of being installed entirely on your HDD. With the digital version, those files that would be used on the DVD are now all on your HDD instead. That would also

amirite?

Comment

yea but i haven't seen any recent games that read off the disc for data they didn't install on the HD. usually this was to save copying large sized files to HD during installation when HD space was valuable. nowadays, HD space is not really an issue so i don't see why they're doing this.

or it could be a lame excuse to force people to have the discs in drive to play. i'll be really pissed if they go this route. i hate being forced to have discs in drive.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                          Disc format would have a lower HDD requirement because some necessary data would be read from the DVD when you play it (as well as the install files), instead of being installed entirely on your HDD. With the digital version, those files that would be used on the DVD are now all on your HDD instead. That would also

amirite?
                          If that's true, then how do cracks work?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                            yea but i haven't seen any recent games that read off the disc for data they didn't install on the HD. usually this was to save copying large sized files to HD during installation when HD space was valuable. nowadays, HD space is not really an issue so i don't see why they're doing this.

or it could be a lame excuse to force people to have the discs in drive to play. i'll be really pissed if they go this route. i hate being forced to have discs in drive.
                            The reason the digital requirements on disk space are higher is because the EA downloader doesn't work like steam, it actually first will download all the install files, just as if it were a disc, then install the game from those files so in reality you will need the disc area for both the install files and the final installed game. you can then delete the cache' folders install files when the install is done.

Unless they remove all DRM of-course you'll have to have the disc in the drive, there are only a handful of hard copy games that don't require that.............that's a DRM method in itself and that's why you ll get a nice punkbuster kick/ban for using a no cd crack.......seriously, if its too much of a hassle to pull out a game disc and insert it into the drive this just might not be the hobby for you......or you could always just buy it from the EA downloader.......that tedious chore if inserting a dvd into the drive can then safely be bypassed.........

Comment

yea but CD requirement is redundant and unnecessary. we are already required to have unique CD keys in order to even log on. that in itself should be enough as far as DRM is concerned. MW never required disc to play multiplayer and MW2 never required it period. i'd rather tie the game to my steam account than be bothered with disc in drive requirement. we're not on silly xbox or ps3. it's a hassle i've put up with so far because i like BF but it's a hassle i can definitely do without. i think most would agree with me on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X