DiRT 2 Demo Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiRT 2 Demo Out

Can my computer run this game? How do I update my game? Get answers to your questions and join the Battlefield, EA SPORTS FC, Madden, Mass Effect, EA app, F1, Star Wars or The Sims communities.

Originally posted by Ice
    DiRT 2 PC Demo Now Live!

The demo enables gamers to compete in two of Colin McRae: DiRT 2’s exhilarating events. In the ‘Trailblazer’ event, players take on the ultimate test of rally car against the challenging Moroccan terrain on a point-to-point track filled with flat-out straights and hair-raising hairpins in the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. In the second event, gamers compete in a ‘Landrush’ race at the spectacular Ensenada Port circuit set in Baja California, where players go wheel-to-wheel in an 8-vehicle riotous race over lethal bumps and killer jumps in the West Coast Choppers Stuka Trophy Truck.

Colin McRae: DiRT 2 delivers the definitive off-road experience for PC Gamers and its launch heralds a new generation of games powered by the superior DirectX 11 technologies. In order for technology enthusiasts to test the performance of their equipment against these cutting edge features, the Colin McRae: DiRT 2 demo comes complete with a benchmarking mode.

You can download the DiRT 2 PC Demo from the following locations:

GameShadow

Gamershell

Big Download

Strategyinformer

Worthdownloading

Boomtown

ComputerGames

Gamespot

Fileplay

4player.de
    I'm downloading now :awes

Re: DiRT 2 Demo Out

:awes

edit

Hmmmm, I appear to be able to run it better on all high settings with my 4870 512mb than the original dirt on all high. Getting 50+ fps, usually quite a bit more except in the indoor menu where I seem to get about 5 fps. Not sure why...anyways, seems very well optimized for pc other than the graphics while inside your trailer thing.

Comment

I had no problems when I was inside the trailer, not sure what might be causing that for you.

Comment

size? and what do you get in demo? 1 track?limited laps?

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
          size? and what do you get in demo? 1 track?limited laps?
          It's 1.3 GB, two different disciplined tracks with one car to pick for each track.

(you snotty sh*t)

Comment

awesome awesome awesome! thnx for posting Spik3d!

Comment

One word AWESOMESAUCE! I just played it download was fast for meh :P anyways its good to know you do not need a 5 series ATi lol my GTX 260 and e8400 did the job jst fine.

Thing is i tried the 'can you run it' website and it said i can only run it on minimum, minimum my behind ran everything on high and ultra with MSAA turned off (massive lag guaranteed ) and tbqh environment looked beautiful loved the water splash effect sound effects were pretty up there as well. Definite buy from me! And heck of a lot better that DiRT1.

EDIT: Max i xould on post processing was medium (still the game looked awes)

just found out about Post processing from a youtube video game play demo:

Dirt 2 only allows DX9 or DX11 to be chosen - there is no DX10. In DX9 mode, Post Processing cannot be set past Medium. The practical difference between DX9 and DX11 is subtle at best.

source:
              Sample gameplay from the Dirt 2 PC demo. Game is being played with keyboard and mouse.Note: This is not a demonstration of skill, it is designed to highlight...

Comment

good info!

this game is a no brainer for driving fans (GRID 2 more so), still gonna hold off the hardware upgrade till Nvidias (March if lucky) next gen, Intels on the scene also, then let rip (been a long time, cpu to ic7)

Comment

Here's my best time on one of the tracks in the demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoXb8_dpjvw&fmt=22
                  or
                  [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoXb8_dpjvw[/media]

Comment

Game looks awesome, I love how the wipers come on when you drive through mud, gives you the feeling of being on a real rally track. I'll check this game out. Were you using a steering wheel Spiked?

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                      Game looks awesome, I love how the wipers come on when you drive through mud, gives you the feeling of being on a real rally track. I'll check this game out. Were you using a steering wheel Spiked?
                      No, I was using my keyboard. I kinda want to get a 360 controller so I can control the throttle, braking, and steering better than by tapping my arrow keys though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                        No, I was using my keyboard. I kinda want to get a 360 controller so I can control the throttle, braking, and steering better than by tapping my arrow keys though.
                        I can't imagine playing a racing game without one now that I have one. Unless you have a wheel of course.

Comment

Nice driving there Spik3d, i keep losing control most of the time i should get a controller lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X