Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have this error with Windows 7 and the DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have this error with Windows 7 and the DVD?

So i just installed and patched the game. When i place the DVD in the DVD Drive the auto run opens and it i click run BF2142. The screen with the walker comes up and it acts like the DVD is trying to run but then it says plz place the install disk into the DVD Drive. It just did the auto run. Wtf is going on? BF2 works. Is it because i installed BF2142 then installed the stand alone 1.5 patch?

Re: Anyone have this error with Windows 7 and the DVD?

That's a new one on me. I am using Win7 and have no issues. Try cleaning your disc. Maybe the autorun.exe works but the file it uses to verify the game is corrupt.

Otherwise you could try installing, then patching to 1.4 and then to 1.5, this solves a few issues.

Comment

try patching 1.4 and incremental to 1.5.

Comment

tryed the patch and it still hangs. BF2 doesnt even work for me anymore. Could be ports closed at my college you think?

Comment

I have this problem for months, for me its the 2 DvD drives i have, even though I can install the game using the primary Sata one, the game only wants to run in the secondary IDE drive.

I have WinXP sp2, but on the EA offical forum, some players are having the same problem using Vista + Win7. Hopefully if patch 1.51 ever comes out it should have a No-Dvd fix included.

> This is a crappy video showing the game in my primary drive and by disabling the secondary drive, the game runs fine.[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl4JqtpYlF8[/media]

Comment

Working...
          X