Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where the instruction manual is???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where the instruction manual is???

Hi guys,

I got the book type manual with the game but it hardly contains any info other than the legal crap and the screen layout. Could it be that there is a PDF hiding somewhere?

Re: Anyone know where the instruction manual is???

Unfortunately mate this is a typical CoD manual.
    Cod4 was almost the exact same right down to the button actions.
    You could search Google for a PDF but through mine I found un-related junk.

What additional information do you want to know?

Comment

Man there's so much to know lik exactly how to set up a good character and how to arrange perks and such.... I don't know why they opted to leave all this info out. Too cheap and lazy to write something up I guess...

Comment

Tbh, instructions manuals only ever tell you what the controls are and what things on the HUD mean, it's pretty common practice with all games...

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
          Tbh, instructions manuals only ever tell you what the controls are and what things on the HUD mean, it's pretty common practice with all games...
          Only recently. It's just laziness and iterational game-making. They seem to assume that everyone who buys the new game already bought the last one.

CoD's manual was 21 pages and had: weapon descriptions/pictures/stats, a little story blurb, HUD explanation, gametype rundown, controls, tips, how to set up your own server...

MW2's manual has 9 pages, one-and-a-half of which are dedicated to lying about the controls, one is blank except for the word "NOTES." No, I'm not even making this crap up. Then there are three pages of EULA/legal crap. Horrible excuse for a manual.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
            Yeah, I mean, it is an instruction manual, not a strategy guide.

Comment

My recommendation is to play the game on Single Player, get familiar with the controls. Adjust them if you like. Try different thigns. The "Best Character" is different for everyone. Ultimately you will be the final judge of that. Use whatever is the most fun for you.
              They left it out most likely because people that played previous games that were already familiar with teh controls would be buying this game. There is no substitute for just playing, you learn by doing.:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                My recommendation is to play the game on Single Player, get familiar with the controls. Adjust them if you like. Try different thigns. The "Best Character" is different for everyone. Ultimately you will be the final judge of that. Use whatever is the most fun for you.
                They left it out most likely because people that played previous games that were already familiar with teh controls would be buying this game. There is no substitute for just playing, you learn by doing.:yay:
                That's why you always play single player first to get used to the weapons, controls and surroundings.

Comment

sadly, this has been the trend in PC games the last few yrs. i don't mind if they don't include a paper manual in the box, as long as there's a digital PDF or something but MW2 doesn't.

Comment

Yup. Sheer laziness. You guys who say this is ok are only condoning a companies blatant laziness. I mean REALLY!!!!! To charge 70 bucks for a game with a terribly short SP campaign, add a crappy MP engine (can't even choose a server to play on). Have no real instruction manual and think this is fair????? Fu@k no!!!!!

Comment

A FPS that needs an instruction manual is doomed to failure. I can see the argument for complex startegy games, but a console port like this?
                      The online tutorial should be all that is needed.

Part of the charm of COD is experimenting with new weapons and perks as you unlock them. Besides that any description of them will be obsolete after the first few emergency patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                        A FPS that needs an instruction manual is doomed to failure. I can see the argument for complex startegy games, but a console port like this?
                        The online tutorial should be all that is needed.

Part of the charm of COD is experimenting with new weapons and perks as you unlock them. Besides that any description of them will be obsolete after the first few emergency patches.
                        Yeah, FPS's are very basic.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                          Yeah, FPS's are very basic.
                          Amen to that. How's this for irony:
                          It would seem to most people that ask for written instructions on "How To Play" is sheer laziness. After all, PC gaming is a lot different than console gaming. Most people that game on a PC already have a basic/fundamental knowledge that W=Forward, SPACE=jump, LEFT MOUSE=Fire, etc.

Frankly, I would be worried if gaming companies started tacking on another few bucks for a written manual on how to run, jump, and aim down the sights. Especially when it can be learned by reading forums, and just playing. I'm not condoning anything other than to use what you have purchased. Do you need instructions on how to ride a bicycle, assuming you already know how? Or how to use a tooth brush, just because it is new? Of course not.

As far as the game engine, I think it's great. I have no complaints on the physics, sounds, etc. The only thing that really made me want to puke was that IW felt that they were reinventing the wheel by pushing their own IWNet style of MP.
                          Do I like this? No.
                          Are dedicated servers better? HELL YES!
                          Frankly, there are too many people cheating up a storm and just ruining the fun. Waiting for VAC to ban people is like watching paint dry. Dedicated servers when run properly are managed a lot better. Even CSS has dedicated servers. But I digress. Play the game, have fun, make your own kits and see what you like.

Comment

Working...
                          X