Weapon Balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Balance

I thought I would just start a little discussion about the Weapons of MW2, from it's Machine Pistols, to it's LMG's.

What do you think are the noticably good guns in the game and why, I am going to run through the sub categories of guns and highlight the guns I feel are amazing for their category.

Assault Rifles
    I feel this is the most balanced sub category of the game, with all the weapons having pro's and con's and generally all being very good. But the ACR deserves a mention, simply down to it's recoil, or a lack of so to speak. However I feel every assault weapon is powerful depending on how much love the user gives it.

SMGs
    The SMGs are a lot more powerful that I thought they would be, especially one. The UMP.45 has got to be some kind of game breaking gun, either that or it wasn't desiged to deal so much damage. The fact is can deal 3 hit kills without stopping power at ANY range bemuses me, and I feel it is by far the best SMG for an experienced player.

LMGs
    Most of the LMGs are good, however the AUG HBAR stands out for me, with a quick reload time it feels like an Assault Rifle with a massive magazine, it has very good accuracy for an LMG, and is generally what I would say an amazing gun for its sub category.

Sniper Rifles
    With most of the Sniper Rifles being Semi Auto, I have an auto love for the Intervention, with the most damage and most accuracy, it feels like a proper sniper rifle. However the M21 has a potent mix of big clip with very low recoil, making it a pretty handy medium range sniper.

Riot Shield
    Wait what?

Machine Pistols
    I can't decide between two guns here, the first is the PP2000, it is essentially a small SMG, and having that kind of thing as a secondary weapon is amazing, however I feel the M93 Raffica has to take most of the accolades, since it is essentially an M16 Pistol!

Shotguns
    I don't think there is much argument that the Model 1887 (Akimbo'd ofcourse) is by far one of the most annoying and destructive weapons in the game. Nothing more to say, cheap weapon is cheap.

Handguns
    With the Desert Eagle being completely broken due to horribad recoil and a capped fire rate, I feel the selection of the other 3 Hanguns is fairly balanced, with all of them offering something different.

Launchers
    If we are using a Launcher as an Anti-Killstreak weapon, the Stinger is the winner by far, but if you want to use a Rocket Launcher for some lols, the Javelin is hours upon HOURS of fun, watching that Predator like rocket fly up and drop on a group of people will never be boring.

So that's my take on the weapons in the game, if I missed something, make sure to point it out!

=MNKY= Frosty :salute:

Re: Weapon Balance

ACR is good, but it's balanced by lower damage.
    i like SCAR with extended mags for full auto ARs.

Comment

I wanted to see more bolt-action sniper rifles, I feel you aren't a true sniper if you use an automatic as they take less skill to kill with.
      With the LMG's I agree, the AUG is very accurate and very powerful when used correctly ( I use it a fair bit).
      I am yet to unlock the Golden Eagle so i cannot give an accurate opinion on that but on what you say it is pretty bad.

Comment

so they balanced the desert eagle?

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
          I thought I would just start a little discussion about the Weapons of MW2, from it's Machine Pistols, to it's LMG's.

What do you think are the noticably good guns in the game and why, I am going to run through the sub categories of guns and highlight the guns I feel are amazing for their category.

Assault Rifles
          I feel this is the most balanced sub category of the game, with all the weapons having pro's and con's and generally all being very good. But the ACR deserves a mention, simply down to it's recoil, or a lack of so to speak. However I feel every assault weapon is powerful depending on how much love the user gives it.

Agreed, and the ACR is way overpowered.

SMGs
          The SMGs are a lot more powerful that I thought they would be, especially one. The UMP.45 has got to be some kind of game breaking gun, either that or it wasn't desiged to deal so much damage. The fact is can deal 3 hit kills without stopping power at ANY range bemuses me, and I feel it is by far the best SMG for an experienced player.

UMP is a really good smg, but it lacks the rate of fire to make it the best all around smg. I can easily see many players picking the mp5 because it is better for close quarters yet is controllable at a distance. Still, I agree that the UMP does far too much damage at range.

LMGs
          Most of the LMGs are good, however the AUG HBAR stands out for me, with a quick reload time it feels like an Assault Rifle with a massive magazine, it has very good accuracy for an LMG, and is generally what I would say an amazing gun for its sub category.

I have yet to make an LMG class, but from what I've seen they're similar to CoD4, and by that I mean recoil is virtually nonexistent.

Sniper Rifles
          With most of the Sniper Rifles being Semi Auto, I have an auto love for the Intervention, with the most damage and most accuracy, it feels like a proper sniper rifle. However the M21 has a potent mix of big clip with very low recoil, making it a pretty handy medium range sniper.

I still feel that the Intervention tags too much, especially considering the fact that it's the only bolt action. As for the semis, I think they need to have a slower ROF and increased recoil to prevent spamming.

Riot Shield
          Wait what?

Machine Pistols
          I can't decide between two guns here, the first is the PP2000, it is essentially a small SMG, and having that kind of thing as a secondary weapon is amazing, however I feel the M93 Raffica has to take most of the accolades, since it is essentially an M16 Pistol!

Shotguns
          I don't think there is much argument that the Model 1887 (Akimbo'd ofcourse) is by far one of the most annoying and destructive weapons in the game. Nothing more to say, cheap weapon is cheap.

Again, way overpowered - akimbo 1887's have broken the game.

Handguns
          With the Desert Eagle being completely broken due to horribad recoil and a capped fire rate, I feel the selection of the other 3 Hanguns is fairly balanced, with all of them offering something different.

Yup, they overly-nerfed the deagle. The revolver is OP though, no recoil and very strong, with its only limitation being the clip size.

Launchers
          If we are using a Launcher as an Anti-Killstreak weapon, the Stinger is the winner by far, but if you want to use a Rocket Launcher for some lols, the Javelin is hours upon HOURS of fun, watching that Predator like rocket fly up and drop on a group of people will never be boring.

So that's my take on the weapons in the game, if I missed something, make sure to point it out!

=MNKY= Frosty :salute:
          It's late, but I added a few replies in bold.

Quick note: deagle is not capped in MP, only SP - but it's still broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
            It's late, but I added a few replies in bold.

Quick note: deagle is not capped in MP, only SP - but it's still broken.
            Oic, I couldn't pop up 7 shots in a second so I assumed it was.

Comment

Oic, I couldn't pop up 7 shots in a second so I assumed it was.
              It may be capped slightly in MP, as the only true way to determine it is to scroll, but from what I've seen it's not nearly as bad as it is in SP. Now recoil, that's another story. Regardless of the firing rate, it's still easily the worst pistol - and possibly gun - in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
                It may be capped slightly in MP, as the only true way to determine it is to scroll, but from what I've seen it's not nearly as bad as it is in SP. Now recoil, that's another story. Regardless of the firing rate, it's still easily the worst pistol - and possibly gun - in the game.
                I think the F2000 is up there too, I was very disappointed by it.

Comment

I think the F2000 is up there too, I was very disappointed by it.
                  I have used it only a few times, It is up their with the desert eagle as the worst guns of MW2.

Comment

The F2000 is kinda like the BAR of 2142 except without all that power. Its a shame really as I was looking forward to it. The ACR is more powerful and has no recoil so what do you need the F2000 for? If they made it stronger or took down some of that recoil it would be a pretty decent gun to use.

Don't get me wrong, I like it otherwise, but you have to fire it in short bursts or you start missing your target quickly.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I find it funny because on the console there is not much recoil on the F2000 however i do agree its a crappy gun.

They should have switched the damage between the ACR and the F2000 personally.

Comment

Working...
                      X