Competitive play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competitive play

How do you guys think competition for this game will be? Do you think lots of leagues will open up to this game for competition. I know this is a fully destructible game but there could be a pro mod so come out. I know my team wants to play this game and get competitive in it, im just wondering what the community thinks.

Discuss!

Re: Competitive play

Originally posted by 0Zero
    How do you guys think competition for this game will be? Do you think lots of leagues will open up to this game for competition. I know this is a fully destructible game but there could be a pro mod so come out. I know my team wants to play this game and get competitive in it, im just wondering what the community thinks.

Discuss!
    If the game will have no first person spectate view, no demo recording and almost 100% positively no modding tools then the competitive lifespan of the game will be close to BF2. First year, a better half of the second and then downhill from there in a constantly accelerating rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
      If the game will have no first person spectate view, no demo recording and almost 100% positively no modding tools then the competitive lifespan of the game will be close to BF2. First year, a better half of the second and then downhill from there in a constantly accelerating rate.
      You totally forgot that DICE Canada is no more. The main reason for BF2's death.

Comment

DICE Canada made patches, that ruined the experience of the game IMO, DICE UK is fixing this.

BFBC2 has rush mode, and 2 squad based modes which can make it really interesting for competitions. We will have to see, if the PC version has battlerecorder and or first person view demo.

Comment

Being able to spawn on any squad member ruins the competitive aspect for me, makes it way to easy.

Comment

so no spawn beacons i take it?

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi
              You totally forgot that DICE Canada is no more. The main reason for BF2's death.
              So this means there will be first person spectating, demo recording and modding tools? I will hold you to that.

Comment

Originally posted by [11AD]MAJ.Juno{XX}
                Being able to spawn on any squad member ruins the competitive aspect for me, makes it way to easy.
                Worked in Battlefield 2 before the patches you could squad hop while you were dead, competitive BF2 was at its peak back then. And squad hopping became a tactic, and it didn't hurt the gameplay.

Comment

Squad Hopping defeated the point of a squad leader, and thus made it easier.

Comment

I don't care as long as I never have to play MW2 ever again.That game blows

Comment

Being able to spawn on any squad member isn't a very big advantage in this game. I'm playing the ps3 beta and if PC has 4 member squads then it's no big deal. This game is more fast paced then BF2 so you will probably be dying and killing more often and it's pointless to have people run halfway across a huge map again.

Comment

So competition will be pretty good with bc2 im guessing. With demo recording and stuff like that. This is going to be awesome! and squad hopping is not a problem when it comes to competition

Comment

if i am sniping away in a nice spot, i wouldn't want my squadmates to spawn on me and give away my position. any way to block spawning if you want?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                            if i am sniping away in a nice spot, i wouldn't want my squadmates to spawn on me and give away my position. any way to block spawning if you want?
                            If people see that it's not good for competitions, it will be blocked in the competitive mods created for the game. Competitive mods will emerge, weather or not we have the MoD tools since it is simple to tweak some values to create a competitive mod.

Comment

You can see where the person you're spawning on is on the map... so it's easy to avoid spawning on snipers or a guy in the middle of nowhere being chased by a tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X