Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FAMAS vs M16

Originally posted by Minmaster
    ok how does a 16 yr old have this much knowledge on assault rifles?
    By possessing way to many automatic weapons than should be allowed (<3 Swiss weapon laws).

Not to mention internet, family and friends in the services in different countries, etc... For the record I won't be 16 for long, if that might change your view on things.

I still think the most innovative and best all around weapon is the M1 Garand with a good 'ol bayonet.

No point having 30 rounds of needles when you can have 8 sledge hammers.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that. When I was 16 I had an SKS and an AK47, both semi-automatic.

Now I have more and look how well I turned out

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I'm 16 and have a........ broken BB gun. :'(

Anywho, to conclude, Shifty knows more than he should, and the FAMAS sucks.

M16 = win

BUT

ACR takes the gold IMO.

Comment

but this is a discussion of 3 burst rifles so...

Comment

Isn't this a discussion about the guns in game? lol?

I think the M16 is better, it has a much better scope which means you don't need an RDS or holographic. And the Famas is big and ugly, and takes up much of your screen, compared to the M16.

So yea, if you are ripping up with the FAMAS, the M16 is just an upgrade to it.

Comment

Ok personally a lot of you here are hating the FAMAS simply because its a pointless gun, but in MW2 its a great gun to use! It takes one burst to kill, dont need a scope as the iron sight is pretty good.

Im still going to try the M16 when it comes out but dont not use the FAMAS simply because you dislike it IRL because you are missing out in this game.

Comment

Heck you can put an M203A1, an ACOG, a PEQ-15, a laser, a grenade launcher sight, and more on 1 M4 and it's still not that heavy.
                Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  Haha!
                  Go tell that to an SF guy then a regular grunt. Have fun...

The_Eliminator if the Famas has the same stats as the M16 why not use the cooler looking, less screen-filling M16A4?

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                    In the picture you can see why the FAMAS is so heavy. I circled the useless wasted heavy metals in red. The M16 uses lighter metals.
                    To my understanding the larger handguard is to allow an ease of firing in Arctic conditions (allowing room for gloved hands). Doest sound to me like a waste of 'heavy metal'. How is the iron sigh useless either?

Its a fairly decent gun ingame if used with stopping power perk.

Comment

Go tell that to an SF guy then a regular grunt. Have fun...
                      Before you share your "expertize" on how heavy a gun is or isnt, you should have a walk around the block, holding a ~5.5 kgs of a gun in your hands. Dont take offense over common sense

The closest thing I do to real military is airsofting, and 24 hour op. scenarios with decked up M4A1-s are funny. Those things are heavy. FAMAS may be a brick, but M4A1 with all your mentioned gear on is a ***** to hold. The RIS alone screws up the balance ance you start mounting crap on it, its so front heavy that its a ***** to hold and sling around.

Comment

aww so far the famas is probably my favorite weapon.

Comment

A standard M4 with 210 rounds of ammo and a CCO(red dot) might not look heavy on paper, but after carrying it at the low ready for 20km it sucks. Well, only 30 rounds are in the magazine, the other 6 magazines are in ammo pouches hooked to our IBA.
                          You get the idea.
                          Granted, an M240 or even M249 is a lot worse. There is a reason you get an assistant gunner to carry your spare box of ammo and tripod. Rucking 20k with that thing on top of armor and water breaks a man down.

Comment

Well unlocked the M16 and so far it handles a lot like the FAMAS, however im finding i have more ammo left over with the M16 .

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                              A standard M4 with 210 rounds of ammo and a CCO(red dot) might not look heavy on paper, but after carrying it at the low ready for 20km it sucks. Well, only 30 rounds are in the magazine, the other 6 magazines are in ammo pouches hooked to our IBA.
                              You get the idea.
                              Granted, an M240 or even M249 is a lot worse. There is a reason you get an assistant gunner to carry your spare box of ammo and tripod. Rucking 20k with that thing on top of armor and water breaks a man down.
                              Sure an M4 with all the gear is heavy.

What you're forgetting is, add that gear to a FAMAS then compare it to an M4 loaded like that too and see which is more heavy.

GL HF

Comment

Sure an M4 with all the gear is heavy.

What you're forgetting is, add that gear to a FAMAS then compare it to an M4 loaded like that too and see which is more heavy.

GL HF
                                Which was never under question.

GG :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                                X