FMJ and the Riot Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMJ and the Riot Shield

Is it jut me or does anyone else think that FMJ should penetrate the riot shield? I think it would be pretty balanced as not many people use the riot shield and barely anyone uses FMJ so why not?

I thought it would have been common sense that if i can penetrate sheets of metal with one shot that shooting through a riot shield shouldn't be any different?

I also think it adds to the tactical play of the game, if someone is causing trouble with a riot shield then switch to your FMJ class and counter attack them.

What does everyone else think?

Re: FMJ and the Riot Shield

IDK. FMJ doesn't do much for me, or am I not doing it right?

Comment

Well im finding the same thing, its not really worth it as an attachment. I need 40 kills to get the extended mag and i have killed 200 people since using FMJ, however only 1 of those kills has apparently been through penetrating a surface.

This is another reason why i think FMJ penetrating riot shields would add more to the game as it would allow a distinct advantage to using the perk when those pesky riot shield users come by, and allow us to get the challenge completed a little easier.

Comment

I think the shield users die easy enough as it is. Those with FMJ would typically be those that guard the same chokepoints where you need the shield, so it would become much less usefull.

Comment

yea shield is ridiculously powerful. i mean it blocks all the bullets, and being slapped by it kills you... wtf? in what world can you survive few bullets and explosions but die from being slapped by a shield?

Comment

No, and the reason why is because the riot shield already cripples the person a lot.

When you select the riot shield:
            1. You lose your primary weapon.
            2. You run slower
            3. It is harder to attack
            4. Grenades can get you.
            5. Semtex can stick to the shield and kill you.
            6. Groups of people can kill you.

There are already a lot of disadvantes to using the riot shield. Weakening the shield itself would make it worthless.

Also, getting two hits with the shield and dying, you desrve it because the enemy got that close to you. One knife stab kills also, which you cant do with the riot shield in use.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The shield is great as a tool for somebody else. If you have 2 good friends: have them grab riot shields and you take an LMG. Practice that for a bit. Tactics tactics tactics = fun

Nothing is more cool than acting all professional and raping pub servers with military tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                The shield is great as a tool for somebody else. If you have 2 good friends: have them grab riot shields and you take an LMG. Practice that for a bit. Tactics tactics tactics = fun

Nothing is more cool than acting all professional and raping pub servers with military tactics.
                Yeah, that is fun! I had a guy match up with me using the shield and I was getting points for being a distraction and he was getting points for killing. It was great!

Crunch

Comment

I remember when these two friends of mine would play WaW with me. I would be marksman (M1 Garand + Bayonet) so I was the squad leader and I could either stay back or assault. My buddies were a Thompson and a BAR or an M1919A3.

What would happen is we would all have flares or smokes. We would only play objective based games like HQ o S&D or something more interesting like War. What would happen is I'd be up front with the Thompson friend and we'd pop smokes and rush the flag, cap it while the BAR defends from a perpendicular firing position to cover both flanks. We would also protect him (long story so I won't explain).

Anyway, we would even pull back, when we would start to get overwhelmed. In a disciplined way. So the support would throw a flare and I would run back to the opposite side of the gunner and then my bud would pull back.

All of this happens fast though so don't think it's extremely well executed and boringly slow.

It's throw flares/smoke (Flares are better as you can have 3) run in and cap. Gunner is shooting from the side. Flag capped, pull back, throw another flare if needed.

Or it would usually go:

Throw flare/smoke, rush in onto the flag, have 20 grenade indicators, run out like heck and just set up a base of fire from the flank so our team could cap :P haha

Anyway, the key to this teamwork was 2nd chance. Without that perk this would all fail. Oh and the squad system so we can open the map and quickly see what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                    I remember when these two friends of mine would play WaW with me. I would be marksman (M1 Garand + Bayonet) so I was the squad leader and I could either stay back or assault. My buddies were a Thompson and a BAR or an M1919A3.

What would happen is we would all have flares or smokes. We would only play objective based games like HQ o S&D or something more interesting like War. What would happen is I'd be up front with the Thompson friend and we'd pop smokes and rush the flag, cap it while the BAR defends from a perpendicular firing position to cover both flanks. We would also protect him (long story so I won't explain).

Anyway, we would even pull back, when we would start to get overwhelmed. In a disciplined way. So the support would throw a flare and I would run back to the opposite side of the gunner and then my bud would pull back.

All of this happens fast though so don't think it's extremely well executed and boringly slow.

It's throw flares/smoke (Flares are better as you can have 3) run in and cap. Gunner is shooting from the side. Flag capped, pull back, throw another flare if needed.

Or it would usually go:

Throw flare/smoke, rush in onto the flag, have 20 grenade indicators, run out like heck and just set up a base of fire from the flank so our team could cap :P haha

Anyway, the key to this teamwork was 2nd chance. Without that perk this would all fail. Oh and the squad system so we can open the map and quickly see what's going on.
                    Interesting view on capping. But how is this relevant to a RIOT SHIELD???

And you do know thats it's only a game, and not the Pentagon, right? :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
                      Interesting view on capping. But how is this relevant to a RIOT SHIELD???

And you do know thats it's only a game, and not the Pentagon, right? :thumbsup:

I was going to bust out with a "Cool story, bro," but didn't want to be an *******. :laugh: I think it would have fit here, too.

Comment

Earlier on me and a few friends were playing some CTF, we had a very disciplined approach to the gametype, with 2 Defenders and 2 Runners.

The runners, as you would understand, would be two people running the flags, they would have Marathon, Lightweight and Ninja, it made running flags extremely quick. What the two would do is run flags aternately if their base was weak, which means you can get a big stock of flags before Half Time and pretty much seal the victory. However if the opponents are playing defensively, the two attackers would go together, one acting as a "decoy" and drawing fire, while the other one would sneak to the flag and make his escape

The two defenders would generally sit back with the flag, setup claymores and sit down with some nice LMG's, extremely annoying to face, since there is always one entrance clayed, and one being defended with a big gun!

If the game is tight, one defender or one attacker would switch roles to help on the offense or defense to try and get an equaliser or help defend!

But the key to all of this was the perks the runners used, Both Marathon and Lightweight provide an amazing running kit, full of endurance and speed.

Wait, what are we talking about again?

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty

Wait, what are we talking about again?
                          Riot shields and how much they rock and if bullets of any kind could go through them then all this cool stuff we were talking about wouldnt work.

See, now it all fits

Crunch

Comment

my thumper eats riot shielders for breakfast now. i always try to have it in my kits especially for the riot shielders. just pop one next to them they're toast.

Comment

If you're a smart player, you can easily take down a Riot Shield using enemy with any weapon. When the enemy is far away I'll lay down and shoot his feet. When he's close, especially if he's rushing me, I'll just quickly sprint to his side and knife him. Riot Shields take a lot more skill than people know. If they allow a weapon to penetrate the Riot Shield, it will make it lose its usefulness.

Comment

Working...
                              X