Frontlines: Fuel Of War still fubar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontlines: Fuel Of War still fubar?

So I got FFoW with the 75% off deal and was hoping to enjoy some BF2 like combat with slightly better infantry.

Wrong

I have only managed to join 2 or 3 games cause the goddamn server browser doesn`t work.

Anyone else else has problems with FFoWs server browser not working? has anyone fixed it?
    I`ve googled but nothing.

Re: Frontlines: Fuel Of War still fubar?

It always worked fine for me.....?

Comment

Tried to play it again. Yep, no servers. Tried all pb on/off, with and without filters and still nothing.

Game is broken as ****. Glad it only cost 3 euros.

Comment

have you played through the single player?

I really doubt multiplayer is that populated (fact that there could be your problem). It wasn't when it first came out, maybe about 10 populated servers. It wasn't a very popular game, fact if you ask most gamer's they'll probably be more than happy to voice their opinion on it. I on the other hand enjoyed it, it was different and fun....

Comment

Originally posted by TGL|FalseLion
          have you played through the single player?

I really doubt multiplayer is that populated (fact that there could be your problem). It wasn't when it first came out, maybe about 10 populated servers. It wasn't a very popular game, fact if you ask most gamer's they'll probably be more than happy to voice their opinion on it. I on the other hand enjoyed it, it was different and fun....
          Played a few sp missions. Felt like an mp game against bots with some obj thrown in.
          Steam says the game peaked at 1k players today. Some of em have to be playing mp. 400 people playing ffow atm.

And I thought BF2s serverbrowser was buggy at start, lol.

Comment

yeah, i still have problems with bf2

i yahoo'ed your problem and the only thing I found was something that was resolved in patch 1.1. The problem was a DNS issue, but apparently its been fixed. THQ's site is probably your best bet. I can't say I've dealt with their tech support before so I don't know what you have to do to submit a bug.

Comment

You did remember to patch it, right?
              Not that it helped much, as far as I remember the hit detection in MP was still unreliable as h*** when I tried it some months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                You did remember to patch it, right?
                Not that it helped much, as far as I remember the hit detection in MP was still unreliable as h*** when I tried it some months ago.
                Steam autoupdates. Server browser says it`s ver 1.3 which is the latest.

Comment

The I guess the answer is yes, its stil FUBAR.

I looked at the patch list at http://www.frontlineswar.com/?page=patch, and while I can see that they have worked a bit on the server browser, they never seem to have acknowledged that the MP part cant handle any lag at all.

Comment

The did "fix" the server browser with one of those patches. It was really bad before.

Comment

Working...
                    X