• Porting cod4 maps? / Are they better?

I would like
    Broadcast :yay:
    Overgrown :yay:
    Crossfire
    Strike
    Crash :yay:
    Showdown
    As I made this list I realized how GREAT cod4 maps are and does anyone think they are better? I think overall they were a lot better. Then again, I havent learned all the maps real well in cod6 so maybe that's part of it.

Re: Porting cod4 maps? / Are they better?

The maps in CoD4 are too small for MW2 tbh, the kill streak rewards would be way too overpowered on them.

But I do agree with you, there aren't any notably good maps on MW2, but in CoD4, there were 6 maybe 8 great maps.

Comment

Most MW2 maps are very unbalanced. One side is open with sparse but good cover while the other side is cluttered like **** and very tight. The open one is much easier to defend and the cluttered side is much easier to sneak up to.

Comment

Do you have to remember this isn't cod4, it is MW2, it works in a different way as Frosty has said.

Comment

The game is not balanced for good, fun maps.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
            I would like
            Broadcast :yay:
            Overgrown :yay:
            Crossfire
            Strike
            Crash :yay:
            Showdown
            As I made this list I realized how GREAT cod4 maps are and does anyone think they are better? I think overall they were a lot better. Then again, I have learned all the maps real well in cod6 so maybe that's part of it.
            These.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adcannon
              Most MW2 maps are very unbalanced. One side is open with sparse but good cover while the other side is cluttered like **** and very tight. The open one is much easier to defend and the cluttered side is much easier to sneak up to.
              Along with that, all of the maps pretty much promote camping to the extreme.

Comment

Does anyone think IW might port any of them? I was thinking they might at least port Crash. I do agree they are too small for kill steaks, but it'd still be fun. Maybe they could disable some kill streaks on the maps and give players another one instead.

Comment

I would prefer that they keep them in COD4.
                  One of the main reasons that I like MW2 over COD4 is the new maps, where all the no-lifers (no offence intended ) haven't memorized every pixel of the map yet.

Besides, why not just play COD4 if that is want you want? Its not like there is a huge difference between the two, AND you get the fabled dedicated servers.

Comment

I agree with Vreki, the thing i love about the maps so far is that although they are starting to get samey, there are still some places of the maps that are yet to be discovered.

Comment

If I want to play COD4 maps, I'll go play that. What's the point of playing a new game with a bunch of old maps? No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate556
                        If I want to play COD4 maps, I'll go play that. What's the point of playing a new game with a bunch of old maps? No thanks.
                        Pretty sure IW said some old maps were going to return in MW2 - at least that's what I recall.

Personally, I would love to see Crash/Strike/Crossfire back. They were amazing, well balanced maps - especially for competitive play - whereas most MW2 maps just seem messy and poorly balanced. It would add a new twist to the old maps if new guns/perks/etc. were used on them - so that's why I'd like to see them return over going back to CoD4.

Comment

To me it seems like you are saying that the COD4 maps are balanced differently than the new maps. So basically you want to play COD4 with the gear from MW2.
                          The problem is that some of us prefer the style and balance of the new maps, and would rather not have it dragged down to COD4s levels.
                          And since you already have COD4, it would seem most fair to leave the new game untarnished.

Unless they introduced them in a new "Oldtimer" gamemode seperate from the rest of the maps, I cant see any harm in that.

Comment

COD4 maps are brilliant, COD4 gameplay and weapon balance make them even better.

From what Ive seen, MW2 has not been put that much work into the whole package and those killstreaks would literally rape everyone on maps which are even a little more open. A redesign would have to be in order.

That being said, any praise MW2 has got in this thread is unjustified and any hate COD4 has taken is even moreso.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                              That being said, any praise MW2 has got in this thread is unjustified and any hate COD4 has taken is even moreso.
                              You are just as "Fair and Balanced" as Fox News
                              Of the last three COD games, COD4 is the one with the worst gameplay. Or less best, if you prefer that, because it wasnt bad.
                              Now thats my opnion, based on having played all three games so there is no point arguing it. Others may feel differently, but as I said before it makes no sense to keep the COD series in stasis forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X